Thread: Operation System

Potential Tuner

Operation System

I dont have the anything in the OS menu. When reading the vehicle it also brings up manual transmission so its not seeing the 6L80. Any ideas?

When you read the vehicle did it read both the PCM and TCM??

If it didn't read the TCM, that is why nothing shows up.

I'd try another read vehicle and see what you get.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    It did not read the TCM. It?s an 08 GMC LY6. TCM and ECM are the same.

The TCM is separate from the PCM in a 6L80 or 6L90e, it's built into the value body on the transmission. It has to read the TCM for it to show anything.

I'm not in a vehicle at the moment or with my software but I forget what you need to do in order to see what controllers can be read when using the editor. Maybe click the blue information button while connected to the truck. And then click read vehicle and it should show the E38 computer along with the T43 A6 TCM for the transmission.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 02-09-2019 at 08:42 PM.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    So does it read through the BCM? I pulled harness and ECM out the truck not the BCM

I would think that so long as the harness is connecting the PCM and to the transmission it should be able to read both. If the transmission isn't connected to the engine harness going to the PCM, then it won't read it.

Potential Tuner
    Its connected. Speed reads 158mph. I did have a need output shaft installed in the transmission. Maybe something got screwed up then.

When you click the read vehicle does it show a "gather information" clickable icon near the bottom or somewhere in that box?

If it does, try to click that and see if it will pick up the TCM, then click read both.

Potential Tuner
    Tried that. Didn?t do anything. I?ll pull the pan off tomorrow and see if something got hooked up wrong.