Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newb 2bar mail order qs

Tuner in Training

Newb 2bar mail order qs

2006 TBSS, TVS1900 with mail order tune. 12615136 Map and the tune does have 2 bar OS. I just got it running today and it?s pretty lazy. Using the scanner I noticed that KOEO map reads 15psi and 104kpa which maxes out the gauge. When I start and idle, the map reads 11.5 psi. Any ideas? Could the offset be off?

Not all operating systems support 2 bar and most mail order tunes will not upgrade the OS even if it was available. They just run it off the MAF only. If you have a 2 bar OS upgrade you could use it but you need to know what to do in order to set it up.

What are your linear and offset settings right now? Do they match that MAP sensor?

I never read the psi, it's a waste of my time. I use MAP kpa only because it's so much easier to read.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry- should have been more specific.. I sent the ECM and TCM in to get tuned. I see the 2bar OS in the editor.

See it where?

You didn't answer my other questions.

Post the tune.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Under OS, code mod, SD 2bar 1250159 ?apply code mod? I?ll have to answer your questions tomorrow when I get to my laptop.

If the OS tab has the upgrade in there, then that OS was not applied to the tune file. It's still a 1 bar MAF/VE factory OS.

Once an OS upgraded has been used the OS tab becomes blank and you have to look at the calibration details page to see if an upgrade has been applied over the factory OS. Other dead give aways are a boost VE and boost enrichment if an OS was applied.

Plausible that the mail order tune still has the factory 1 bar MAP sensor data in the tune file and thus the issue you see in the scanner and drive ability if the MAP is always reading wrong.

Tuner in Training
    So it sounds like someone started the tune but didn?t follow thru?

No probably not, it just sounds like every other mail order tune. They just do MAF only because it's faster turn around.

And likely miss information on the MAP sensor you are running.

It's also not really possible to create a 2 bar OS out of random and just give it to someone and hope it works. It's impossible to predict the correct values for the VE table for boost. So they just run it off the MAF because it will add more fuel as more air comes in and they will just fatten the tune up so it's safe.

Mail order tunes on supercharged or turbo cars is a lost cause and same with most NA builds because no engine is the same and not everyone is running their vehicle in the same exact location with the same exact parts.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 02-02-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Tuner in Training
    It amazes me how this can happen. This was from a pretty well known outfit and they are pretty thurough on what info they want for the tune. I can see one slip thru the cracks and be sent back the same but this seems to have some things touched and some not. I?ll get some files and post them up. Thanks again for the help, I?m excited to make this thing run.

Tuner in Training
    Last edited by slowtruck; 02-03-2019 at 02:09 PM.

Yeah, it's kind of worse than I thought for several settings.

That MAP sensor should be 200 linear and 8.33 for the offset if I remember right, or it's 10.33. Which ever one reads closer to correct for the KOEO will be it. If you live at sea level it will be right around 100kpa.

Are you running big injectors, like over 90lb/hr???

The MAF sensor is disable and if you are running one it won't be using it. They also didn't upgrade the OS to support 2 bar so the VE table stops at 105kpa has no fueling control for boost. That is bad.

The power enrichment is setup for 12.8 AFR, that will cause you to blow this thing up under boost. Timing also doesn't really look to be adjusted, it's pretty high for what you want. It'll be up in the 18-24 degree range which is rather high under boost/load. Should be much lower around 14-16 degrees while you get it running.

I'd ask for your money back for sure, that is a horse shit tune to pay money for because I hope they didn't send that to you and so it's good enough to drive with.

Tuner in Training
    Was supposed to be SD. 80# injectors, on 93 I would imagine 15ish degrees timing on about 13-15psi boost. Cam is .600+ 225/236. I?ve already emailed them the tune, I?ll see what they say.

It is speed density but factory speed density, which won't do you any good because the factory VE table stops before boost.

And the fact that they set it up for 12.8 AFR under power enrichment. And the wrong MAP data.

The camshaft makes it even harder for them to do anything for you. Unless they are willing to remote log into your computer and calibrate this for you, I see nothing they can do for you besides changing a few things. This setup is so custom that it's impossible to create a tune for this without proper data logs and is some cases a dyno session.

Tuner in Training
    They said to get them a log 12-15 mins long so he can see if it?s close and what needs done. Idk if it will run that long. Would be slow, partial throttle and forcing it to idle.

I don't see a reason for a log file.

So much is wrong that a log file is useless. If they had a brain they would clearly note all the things wrong with how the tune is setup in the first place. You can't run a vehicle with the wrong linear/offset settings and you can't run a vehicle that see's boost when the fueling stops at 105kpa/0 psi of boost.

You have the tuner, why not do some the changes yourself so it will at least run properly.
    Last edited by 5FDP; 02-04-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Tuner in Training
    A couple reasons. One, I'm pretty green. Ive done some things here and there but still getting the hang of it. Two, Im trying to give them a chance to fix or help fix the issue. I'd hate to change a couple things and give them an out as to giving my money back or not finishing my tune. Its not looking great so far,
    We'll see what happens.

Your IVT Terms need to be halved since you are doing the double stoich method for the injectors. Shows 7.92 but it should be 3.96.
    The offset should be 8.00 for that sensor. 200 is correct for the Linear
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Awesome, thanks for the info guys. They sent me an updated tune, when I get to my laptop I will attach it here for you guys to see.

Tuner in Training
    Updated tune- WRITE ENTIRE 2.4.19.hpt But I cant open it with my version of HPT. Not supported?

They might have made that tune file with the latest beta version, my 4.2 won't open it.