Thread: Spark Source = Base

Spark Source = Base

Hey guys if anyone one can shine a light on this really quick. So I went from the jpc turbo to a procharger f1a. Maf is on a round pipe btw. The drive-ability is pretty much spot on the car drives and shifts great no stalls no crazy stuff super smooth idle couldn't be happier. However when going WOT on normal tune i noticed it is not going into op so I decided to go and start re-tuning it but doing so I noticed the following.

I disabled all mapped points under vct, went and copied a base spark table to all borderline and mbt tables. Same thing for engine torque tables. Went for a couple test hits however my spark source keeps showing Base instead of borderline.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

basic mod list
    built motor
    blower cams
    circle d converter

Listing current tune with all mapped points disabled with log and another similar tune with all mapped points but all cams settings pretty much set to park
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Base means the spark is reaching your MBT value. Kind of obvious why as you copied them all the same. Make the MBT higher than the borderline values and you will get borderline until the knock advance pushes it up to the MBT value, if you don't have that disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by murfie View Post
    Base means the spark is reaching your MBT value. Kind of obvious why as you copied them all the same. Make the MBT higher than the borderline values and you will get borderline until the knock advance pushes it up to the MBT value, if you don't have that disabled.
    Oh cool, I was planning on making the mbt higher later when i was done. I will go through the process. Thanks brother you are always helpful.

If you don't mind me asking I noticed the cams move around a bit sometimes even thought the desired angle is 0 what do you do to try to keep them in place? is the feed forward duty cycle the right place to better this?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kleistang View Post
    If you don't mind me asking I noticed the cams move around a bit sometimes even thought the desired angle is 0 what do you do to try to keep them in place? is the feed forward duty cycle the right place to better this?

Thanks

Try
    Enable mapped point 0 and OP in Mapped Points Config - 38155
    Enable mapped point 0 and OP in Snap To Point - 38152
    Zero out VCT Fuel Economy Mapped Points - 38223