Thread: CASE relearn on '04 Colorado

Potential Tuner

CASE relearn on '04 Colorado

Can the scan tool function do a CASE relearn on an '04 Colorado? I was told by someone who has HP Tuners they could do it for me, but then I was told by someone else that HP Tuner's didn't support it for my truck yet. Can anyone clear this up for me?

It should work. If it cant do it, it cant do it...you got nothin to lose.

Potential Tuner
    It will take me at least an hour to drive there so I don't really feel like wasting a couple hours of time and $20-30 in gas just to find out it won't work.

Well, i mean your truck is supported for tuning, so thats why i think you could do a mere CASE relearn...

It doesnt take a couple of hours either...If i remember right,

-Turn the coly off with it in park
    -make sure the A/C and other accessories are off and keep the brake pedal applied until the very end.
    -Begin the case relearn.
    -SLOWLY rev the engine until it hits the limiter.
    -When you hit the fuel cutoff let off the gas *immediately*
    -Let it idle, then turn it all the way off, let off the brakes and let it sit for about 20 seconds.

Hope it works out for ya man!

Potential Tuner
    I know the actual CASE relearn only takes a few minutes, but an hour there and an hour home makes it a couple hours. I guess if I don't get any other anwers by next weekend I'll just have to make the drive and

I would just have my dealer do it but as I'm sure a lot of GM/Chevy owners know the dealerships can sometimes be a PITA to explain things to. It took me 10 minutes to get them to understand they couldn't unlock my radio by getting the codes from holding down the radio presets.

Tuner in Training
    So did it work?
    2011 F-350 6.7L Powerstroke

Tuner in Training
    I know it dosn't work for the IONs/Cobalt's LSJ yet

You do need to make sure that you open the vcm scan, but do not start data logging, if its open then the case learn box is greyed out