Thread: 5.3 7875 sloppy stage2 80lbs dekas t56 trans

Tuner in Training

5.3 7875 sloppy stage2 80lbs dekas t56 trans

Hello There, This is my first time tuning with hp tuners. Can some one with some experience take a look at it and let me know if its good enough and safe to start tuning with wb02. Let me know if I should change something Thanks.3 bar base my truck.hpt

The VE doesn't look right. They don't slope left to right so much like yours is. Reference a stock VE table, it's less at lower kpa values and more at high kpa values.

Take the stock VE table and paste that into the 15-105kpa section. Then click the last row of 315 and plug in a number like 135 for the whole row. Then highlight from 105-315 and interpolate across vertical bounds. That will build the VE for boost. It's not going to be perfect but it's the type of slope you want compared to what is it now. Using a wideband o2 sensor is a must here.

Keep the open loop EQ ratio like factory, you don't want it asking for stoich at really cold coolant temps. Leave it factory or a little less up to 130 degree coolant temp, then have it at 1.00. I'd reduce the -40 to 32 values so it's not as rich.

What MAP sensor are you using?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I am using a smart fire 3 bar map I got off ebay. I have been second guessing my self about getting one off ebay. It came with a calibration sheet but I’m not really sure how to get the proper linear and offset numbers, So I just copied them form sloppys wiki page.

Put it this way, if you do key on engine off while logging with the scanner and the MAP kpa does not read 100kpa if you live at sea level, then it's the wrong data. (kpa will be less if you live at altitude).

Never been a fan of ebay sensor when GM sensors are so cheap.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Do you have any recommendations on a 3 bar map sensor, the ones from summit and Gm direct are both 100$ I chose the one that I have because it fits in the truck intake like the stock sensor does.
    My map currently is at 102-103 Kpa KOEO.

EFI source sells a 3 bar MAP.

If your KOEO is that close, adjust the numbers slightly to get you closer to what it would be where you live. Sometimes you just have to alter the offset setting some.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I just ordered one from EFI source.
    As far as the ve table after I copy a stock one like you talked about in post 2 should I take some fuel out at idle for the cam and add some in higher rpm range?

It's possible that you will have to remove fuel all over if it's rich. Those injectors do flow a ton more fuel than stock.

It's just far easier to start with a stock VE table from 0-105kpa so you aren't chasing your tail. Having your wideband o2 sensor working and in your data logs will make things easy. Because you can create an AFR or Lambda error against the commanded AFR/Lambda to see how far off it is. So if it was way rich right away you could quickly pull 5-15% worth of fuel from the VE to get you going, then us the wideband error graph to fix the rest.

Tuner in Training
    I got the new EFI map installed and made all the changes that you suggested. I didn't get to drive it yet but I did log a cold start. I'm having trouble with my chart vs real time not reading wbo2 correctly. If I use the EGR voltage it matches the chart that came with aem wide band and its that same as the reading on the wideband. I know its really rich 11.3-10.8 afr. Should I fix idle afr first or wait until I drive it.
    Here is the tune and log. 3 bar base my truck.hptcold start.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Can you take a look and see if im going the right direction on my tune. I have been working on my ve table for a while. im using afr err histogram and I have copied and pasted about 20 times its still rich all over the graph. It seems that it wants me to keep adding fuel even though its running rich according to the err histogram. each time I copy and paste special and multiply %. Maybe it was just so far off that its not changing enough each time.
    Also the engine seems to hit rev limiter around 5600rpm and inj B2 (ms) goes down to almost 0 as you can see in the log @ 12:18 mark. My tune is set for 6600rpm this doesn't make sense. Is that how to rev limiter works?? by cutting fuel.
    Attachment 87369
    day6.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Darrell23; 02-27-2019 at 05:34 PM.

Did you segment swap to a manual transmission segment prior to tuning?

I've seen some weird things happen when people set the transmission type to manual when it was not segment swapped. I always leave it as what it was before hand if I can't, then disable all abuse modes and DTC's related to the transmission. The segment swap is the best way to make it a manual file and it can only be done on a stock OS.

Also your in gear cut off it set to 5600, so that is why it cuts you off. It's going to be this for sure and if you have any other random issue it could be settings related because of the transmission.

What injectors did you buy?

Did they come with data sheets?

Is fuel pressure staying steady and what type of fuel system is it? Return or returnless? Just wanting to make sure the injector flow rate is setup correctly for the fuel system you are running.

Don't forget to log knock retard too.

Tuner in Training
    Yes it was set to manual trans in my original tune. The speedo is way off in the log file.
    where do I find my in gear cut off so I can change it?
    I have the siemen deka 80 and I put in the correct data from an excel spread sheet that I found.
    I have returnless system with and adjustable regulator connected to the rail and set pressure to 60 psi I checked it with a fuel gauge.
    Last edited by Darrell23; 02-27-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    bigger injectors like it when you drop the min fuel milligram setting down to around .010 from the currently registered .028.
    have you tried enabling rtt and making live ve changes in idle to see if you get any immediate feedback from the egr voltage?

it is likely your injectors are not matching in flow what the data says they are. when this happens then a 5% error correction may not move the fuel by 5% it could move it by 10% or it could move it 1-2%.
    so say you make a log to report average afr at idle over 5 minutes. if you multiply your ve table by 10% you should expect a 10% richer recording over the first results for the second recording. if you dont then your injector data is not correct.

since you have rtt let it warm up and sit at idle. record the average afr value once its warmed up on paper.
    now highlight the entire ve table and multiply by 1.10. let it stabilize again and write the second afr value down.
    now do a quick calculation [(afr2-afr1)/afr1]*100 = error in percent between results. if this doesnt come back as -10 then you know you have setting problems.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    bigger injectors like it when you drop the min fuel milligram setting down to around .010 from the currently registered .028.
    have you tried enabling rtt and making live ve changes in idle to see if you get any immediate feedback from the egr voltage?

it is likely your injectors are not matching in flow what the data says they are. when this happens then a 5% error correction may not move the fuel by 5% it could move it by 10% or it could move it 1-2%.
    so say you make a log to report average afr at idle over 5 minutes. if you multiply your ve table by 10% you should expect a 10% richer recording over the first results for the second recording. if you dont then your injector data is not correct.

since you have rtt let it warm up and sit at idle. record the average afr value once its warmed up on paper.
    now highlight the entire ve table and multiply by 1.10. let it stabilize again and write the second afr value down.
    now do a quick calculation [(afr2-afr1)/afr1]*100 = error in percent between results. if this doesnt come back as -10 then you know you have setting problems.
    Good...

I've been screwed by a few eBay injectors haha. Had to test it somehow.

Tuner in Training
    I changed min fuel mill to .010 That immediately leaned out the idle an had to pedal it to stay running, Before I could just hit the key and it would start and stay running. I think the ve table values need brought back up in the low rpm and kpa areas.
    I let the engine sit and idle afr was around 16.2 I used rrt and added 8% and that got me to 14.0 afr at idle, That is 13% change when I commanded 8% So do I take 5% from the offset table? There Are areas in the ve table that my afr on wb is at the commanded but the error histogram cell is red and wanting me to add 10% more fuel.

I must have the incorrect injector data.

well when you lowered the min fuel mg you removed a limitation to control the fuel injector at very low pulse width.
    now the injector is being controlled to a lower range. when you kept pulling ve from the idle zone it wasnt really doing anything because it couldnt control the injector in this new lower zone. if you left the ve alone and changed fuel min mg then you now have a false lean commanded because you removed fuel for a zone that shouldn't need that level of adjustment that was previously made. You should use your rtt to command an afr result as close as possible to the commanded ecu afr value which should be your ecu's stoich value at idle.

once you have that result command 10% by multiplying rtt ve table by 1.1. you should see the afr go richer by roughly 10%. if this shift isnt close to 10% of shift then you need to alter the injector flow rate values.

1)i typically make a histogram recording actual afr against injector flow. when its close to zero write the actual afr values down in excel or on paper.
    2)use rtt ve to make that 1.1 multiplied shift(+10% increase in fuel). let it stabilize and record these values.
    3)you can use excel or a general calculator to use the % percent error equation (its all over google and is the same as the afr error equation). use your first recorded values as target values and second recorded values as reading values. this should spit out the percent of actual shift you have.
    100 x (AFR Step 1 - AFR Step 2)/ AFR Step 2 = percent of afr shift. (should be close to 0 when done)

4) Making adjustments:
    if its close to 10 then your good.
    if its lower than 10 then you need to decrease the injector flow by the difference of the results. so you want 10% but got 8.8% in return. decrease injector size by 1.2% in the corresponding flow rate cell.
    if its higher than 10 then you need to increase the injector flow by the difference of the results. 10% target but got an actual of 12.3% increase the injector size by 2.3% in the corresponding flow rate cell.

these are just examples so you will need to perform the calcs for each test specific to your data. once you made a change you need to reset by tuning back to commanded afr and retaking the sample data of afr average...basically start at step 1) again and repeat.

when your all done then you can tune the ve table completly with higher accuracy than having no idea what the injectors are supposed to be from flow testing results.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write this out and helping me.