Thread: crank relearn help

crank relearn help

I have a 1998 k1500 silverado it is stock, i replaced the pcm due to a/c issues and am attempting to do a crank relearn but nothing seems to work. It just says rev to fuel cut and cycle key to complete. The truck is at operating temp i have my brake set foot on the brake and have tried scanning and not scanning the vehicle, while scanning i get and error and not scanning it just never seems to take. I have attached some screen shots.crank relearn.PNGerror.jpg

I have a ticket open just awaiting a response ticket #162746

Tuner in Training
    I've never tried it with the HP Tuner, but I've done it with the Tech 2 and Snap-on Scanners. It can be a pain unless you do it correctly.
    The procedure is as follows:
    Warm the engine.
    Command the test with the scanner.
    Floor the gas. The engine will Rev, hit the limiter and coast down to maybe 1000 RPMs. The throttle needs to be wide open this whole time.
    As soon as the injectors cut back on you have to let off the throttle quickly. If it hits the rev limiter a second time, it often won't complete the test.

When you command the test, do you see the injectors cut out below normal redline? If so, I bet the scanner is working correctly and you're goofing up the test.
    If it revs to redline, then it's more likely the scanner is having trouble.

Joe

Thanks for the reply, it def hit normal redline ever time i

Tuner in Training
    Then I'd agree there's a scanner problem. Can you get your hands on something different?

Advanced Tuner
    Did you ever get this to work through HPT on your '98 K1500?
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list