Thread: Kpa to psi????? (noob question)

Tuner in Training

Kpa to psi????? (noob question)

Was logging my c6z (h/c A&A vortec si supercharger) did a wot hit and the kpa was 156 I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is in psi (yes I tried converting it on google) it says it?s equal to 22psi which is way to far off I thought considering it made 7psi on the dyno can anyone help thank you

Quote Originally Posted by blake10916 View Post
    Was logging my c6z (h/c A&A vortec si supercharger) did a wot hit and the kpa was 156 I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is in psi (yes I tried converting it on google) it says it?s equal to 22psi which is way to far off I thought considering it made 7psi on the dyno can anyone help thank you
    100 kpa is 0 boost ,56 kpa is 8 psi so 156 is is 8psi of boost.

you just dont count the first 100 keep in mind your wot n/a might be 96kpa more or less than actually 100kpa

Just do it this way.

Without boost the engine operates from 0-100kpa just about everywhere. So now with boost you are going above 100, just remove the 100 from your mind and plug 56kpa into the conversion calculator built into the editor.

Click tools, unit conversion and down to kpa to psi. So 56kpa is ~8.12psi give a take a tiny bit. Is it exact, no but it's damn close and that's good enough for me.

He had quicker fingers than me lol. ^^^
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    It's almost 8 psi

Senior Tuner
    just make a pid of map - baro and convert to psi, there should even be a maths for it in the scanner default

Tuner in Training
    You guys are all awesome thank you SO MUCH!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    just make a pid of map - baro and convert to psi, there should even be a maths for it in the scanner default
    This. There's no need to think and do conversions..

Advanced Tuner
    Just to give the technically correct answer (because I can't help myself): it's absolute pressure vs. gauge pressure. To everyone's point, 100kPa (absolute) is 0kPa (gauge), because atmospheric pressure is actually about 1 bar or 100kpa or 14.7 psi in absolute terms (relative to perfect vacuum, or 0 pressure). For instance, if you hold a typical off the shelf pressure gauge in your hand, it will read 0psi, but it's really about 14.7psi (absolute, relative to a perfect vacuum) due to the weight of the atmosphere at sea level.