Thread: LV3 v6

Potential Tuner

LV3 v6

Anyone played with these motors yet? I had a Camshaft made for this and had the heads worked. Wanting to get rid of DOD but not seeing much on these.

Thanks

Potential Tuner
    where did u get the cam shaft made?

Tuner in Training
    I've got one too. I've got big plans and I have already started to make some parts. Follow my thread over on https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...v-project.html I already modded the oil pan, I am making a new valley cover that gets rid of the DOD manifold, and ditches the balance shaft. It will also require making some modifications to the front cover. Working on a couple of other things too.

Potential Tuner
    Very interested to see what you guys can do with these 4.3s. We have a '97 version in our 1949 Willys and an LV3 might be a good upgrade. (No way a V8 will fit without major metal surgery)

I would be happy with an honest 300hp vs the current 190hp.

Potential Tuner
    I put one in my 1982 Toyota. Mitch @ SwapTime did my harness and programming. I had it started up and it ran smoothly. I am working out some cooling issues right now and have the MPVI2 ordered to make some adjustments. I kept the pwm fuel system intact but with an Aeromotive fuel pump. I should have it on the road in about 6-8 weeks.

Potential Tuner
    I had to work out a few bugs, especially my brakes, but this motor is very nice in my Toyota. Lots of low end torque. I barely have to touch the pedal to do anything. With the 6L80 double overdrive run about 1950 rpms @ 70 on the highway with 4.11 gears and 34" tires. The computer works so efficiently that in traffic on the highway it stays in 6th gear between 37mph and 70mph with a very light pedal. It pushes that little truck around so easy. If you mash the pedal it is very quick but kind of dies out on the top end. For a truck or 4x4, torque is what you want anyway.

96 Comp TA, would you be willing to make another oil pan like that one?

Bryan

Tuner in Training
    I have an LV3 with a 76mm turbo up and running in an 86 Camaro with a 6L80E behind it. I also had a camshaft ground by Delta Cams, based off a popular V8 grind, and installed PAC springs as well. I'm still working on getting a couple of bugs worked out, so I've only been VERY short distances with it, but sounds wicked with the camshaft in it.
    I drilled and plugged the DOD holes and then just removed it in the tune. I may also decide to mod the oil pan since it sits pretty low in this chassis.
    Wiring wise, I went with a new GM harness and modified it from there with a Bussman fuse/relay center. Can't wait to get this to the track to see how well it works.

Potential Tuner
    Can someone text me that has a cam shaft made for the lv3. I have a few questions for you. Thank you in advance. 9418221520

Tuner in Training
    Message sent