Thread: Ls1 to dbw 4 bolt throttle body swap.

Tuner in Training

Ls1 to dbw 4 bolt throttle body swap.

I got a engine off of a guy with a bunch of parts. I?ve got a ls1 engine, a LS2 intake, a gen3 blue and red pcm that the guy said came out of a 04 Tahoe, I also have a psi harness that is drive by wire and has the ls2 injector plugs. I also got the black plastic tac module which I think is a corvette module. Everything plugs in, but I have not bought a throttle body or injectors yet. I want to make sure what dbw throttle body?s are compatible with this setup. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give. Also if you can point me out a good reliable source of information about this kind of stuff, would also be helpful so I can be more self proficient at this.

Tuner in Training
    So am I stupid for not knowing this or does nobody know?

The vette tac module if that is indeed what it is won't work right in a 2004 tahoe calibration as far as I know.

The TAC, APP and throttle body normally have to be from the same vehicle to prevent reduced engine power problems.

You can buy a 4 bolt to 3 bolt throttle body adapter if you need too. But I don't know what DBW 4 bolt throttle body that will work for you using that Tahoe P59 calibration.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Gotcha!! Well I guess I?ll have to do some research, then. Thank you for your info. Is there any good sources of information out there so I can figure out what I need to do? Or what parts I can use? Even aftermarket?
    I?m trying to educate myself on this stuff plus I have a pretty big project on my hands. I used to be a mechanic so I know the basics, I?m just trying to get into the performance side.