Thread: Hot start issues (High IAT's)

Hot start issues (High IAT's)

Hey Guys, Having some trouble with a 2017 Holden VF GTS LSA, that im hopeing someone that could chime in on with some wisdom.

Engine specs - LSA, Full exhaust, 10% overdrive, small camshaft, 850cc injectors, CAI

If i get the to operating temp, and build up a bit of heat in the engine bay, turn the car off, and leave for 5mins.
    The car will crank continuously and have trouble starting. Manifold temp is at 80+ degrees(Celsius)
    If i run the car and drop the manifold temp down, and attempt to restart it fires straight away.

I have made extensive changes to cranking fuel, cranking VE, cranking spark, startup airflow etc with no luck.

This is a setup that we have done numerous times, as its a package we offer. So i know the tune works.
    We have had issues with leaking injectors, that has caused similar issue, but injectors have been tested all ok.

With the fault occuring during cranking only, im unable to get a accurate wideband reading to check cranking fuel.
    I have gone up to 30% lean/rich in the tune to see if it helps issue. but no luck.

I have attached tune and log

THOT START LOG2.hplv3.hpthanks

Tuner in Training
    I'm curious about a fix as well.

I have a very similar issue for my Z06. Built LS7 and every time it's hot and I want to turn it on I have to give it some throttle to start otherwise it stumbles and doesn't start. Other than that it runs strong.