Thread: New to tuning How to disable MAF for tuning VE table

Tuner in Training

New to tuning How to disable MAF for tuning VE table

Hello,

This is my first post. I recently purchased the HP tuners software and interface. I am tuning on a 2002 2500hd with the stock operating system and PCM. So far I have played with torque management and adjusted for tire size. Id like to start tuning the VE table. I have been trying to search and read that I should disable the MAF to tune the VE table. I saw where it can be done in the software on some PCMs, but on mine I do not see that option. If I unplug it I also loose my IAT reading so I think my data will be junk.

What do you guys do?

Thanks
    Lynn

Perhaps you didn't use the google enough, been covered a few times by now.

You have to be in advanced view under the edit tab to see all tables. Set MAF fail high to 0hz, set all 3 MAF dtc's to MIL on first error. Tuning with a wideband o2 sensor is preferred in open loop or you can attempt to use the fuel trims if you want.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I didn't realize there was an advanced tab. I thought maybe my PCM just didn't have those options. Thanks for being easy on me.