Thread: Write on fresh unlocked PCM failed.

Advanced Tuner

Write on fresh unlocked PCM failed.

So i got my pcm back today and tried to write a tune onto it, nothing major just some changes to the active exhaust. I thought i followed the correct procedure, downloaded the current tune file-saved two copies, made the changes to one of the copies and named it accordingly- proceeded to write the change to the pcm and followed the licensing prompts on screen, and after accepting to use two credits NOTHING....... as in it just sat there and nothing changed on screen?????? So i closed the file reopened and tried again, it gave me a prompt that said the file need to be licensed so i clicked the box to view license and the one to choose the pcm was gone.???? The option to license the TCM was still available, But still wouldn't let me write the file??? I open a ticket with HP but the e-mail back and forth takes FOREVER!! Anyhow anyone got any clues as to whats going on here?? Did i not follow the correct procedure?? Also i have noticed that some people got 8 credits when they purchased there HP?? I only received 2 and only because i bought them at the time of purchase.. Thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    admin feel free to move this post over to the correct forum location, Sry for the inconvenience.

Read the tune back out, but un-select the TCM and read the PCM only. You probably read out both which means you have to license both - 6 credits total (I'm guessing 8-speed?)

Advanced Tuner
    yes Blue Bee thats exactly what i did had to reread just the pcm as i didn't licences the tcm. Thanks im still learning