Thread: New Tuner on G8 Just Wanting To Understand Flow Fate of Injectors

Tuner in Training

New Tuner on G8 Just Wanting To Understand Flow Fate of Injectors

H
    just trying to understand and say hello into the tuning world to continue to learn as much as i can
    Last edited by dc9scorpioG8; 02-13-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Tuner in Training
    attempting to upload my current tune and log previous to me changing injector flow.if the log post you will see that during the log the long term fuel trims already have a Lean Condition they are trying to complensate for(if my mentality towards that is correct)

Tuner in Training
    trying to upload a log and tune hope this works..
    Attached Files Attached Files

What you want to do with the injectors is to put in the correct data for whatever injectors that you have installed. Look at the make and part number and then look up the correct data for them. The 41# across is for a return style fuel system.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Never change the flow rate like that. If the injectors are stock, leave the data alone.

Injector settings are set and forget table.

If the trims are not where you want them you need to calibrate the airflow model to bring fueling in line. Either use a wideband o2 sensor or a special fuel trim graph to fix the MAF/VVE. Though you need a wideband to do any wide open throttle tuning because it doesn't use o2 sensors in open loop.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ill change it back and show a log for the morning and afternoon commutes tomorrow.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Never change the flow rate like that. If the injectors are stock, leave the data alone.

Injector settings are set and forget table.

If the trims are not where you want them you need to calibrate the airflow model to bring fueling in line. Either use a wideband o2 sensor or a special fuel trim graph to fix the MAF/VVE. Though you need a wideband to do any wide open throttle tuning because it doesn't use o2 sensors in open loop.
    will you be able to help once i get a wideband? which one do you have?

Advanced Tuner
    Hey DCScorpoG8, do I know you? This is James with the Silver G8
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    yep its me.. whats up.. im on here trying to get my knowledge up.. i thought abou tasking you to come check my tune out.. let me know im about to upload what i just reverted on my tune. hit me on messenger

Tuner in Training
    i put it back to what it was stock when i uploaded the first tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dc9scorpioG8 View Post
    yep its me.. whats up.. im on here trying to get my knowledge up.. i thought abou tasking you to come check my tune out.. let me know im about to upload what i just reverted on my tune. hit me on messenger
    Whats your messenger name?
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4