Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Simos18, MQB Golf R MK7 2014

Any updates on support for this platform?
    Previous
    2007 Mustang GT w/ Whipple supercharger
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R

Tuner in Training
    Is this supported yet?

checking in also

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    We're hoping to have this available in Beta very soon. Currently ironing out some of the last few parts, so it shouldn't be too much longer.
    I also have a line of cars awaiting this. would love to get mk5-6-7 support.

Tuner in Training
    Any up date on the Simos18? I need for S3

Potential Tuner
    Waiting for word myself.

I'll be that guy.

Long time HPT customer, just got a '19 Golf R. Lets do this.

Tuner in Training
    Any updates here?

Tuner
    Any update of supporting MK6 and MK7?

Potential Tuner
    Lots of guys are waiting for HP Tuners for the MQB platform. If your 1.8 support is strong, the market will be yours.

Well... the real issue (in my eyes anyway) is there are a zillion "pro" tuner solutions out there for MQB, but only one mehhh DIY/enthusiast product available.

This is one of the reasons I actually really struggled to pick up another European car. I'm just so accustomed to having it my way, learning and enjoying my vehicles more through self tuning. I felt really accomplished on my Cobalt SS/TC and other GM cars. The way the Euro vendors lockup the tuning market has always chapped my rear end, but sometimes it is what it is.

I know people like myself are in the minority, but I still like having the option. Not to mention all the years of familiarity I have with HPT products. So I will hold out hope that someday we might have support, because I'm not paying some rando person to email me tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZuMBLe View Post
    Lots of guys are waiting for HP Tuners for the MQB platform. If your 1.8 support is strong, the market will be yours.

Potential Tuner
    I'm with you. I'm currently on the Meh DIY/enthusiast product. There are guys making more power using the pro solutions, but I really want to do it myself. I'm also really against having someone send me a tune I can't review myself.

Besides all the PRO tuners that would jump on/over to HP Tuners, the tuning enthusiasts like ourselves would influence other advanced enthusiasts to try self tuning. There is definitely a market.

I'm totally holding out and hoping MQB 1.8 and 2.0 HP Tuners comes out. Take my money!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpster View Post
    Well... the real issue (in my eyes anyway) is there are a zillion "pro" tuner solutions out there for MQB, but only one mehhh DIY/enthusiast product available.

This is one of the reasons I actually really struggled to pick up another European car. I'm just so accustomed to having it my way, learning and enjoying my vehicles more through self tuning. I felt really accomplished on my Cobalt SS/TC and other GM cars. The way the Euro vendors lockup the tuning market has always chapped my rear end, but sometimes it is what it is.

I know people like myself are in the minority, but I still like having the option. Not to mention all the years of familiarity I have with HPT products. So I will hold out hope that someday we might have support, because I'm not paying some rando person to email me tunes.

I'm with you. I'm currently on the Meh DIY/enthusiast product. There are guys making more power using the pro solutions, but I really want to do it myself. I'm also really against having someone send me a tune I can't review myself.

Besides all the PRO tuners that would jump on/over to HP Tuners, the tuning enthusiasts like ourselves would influence other advanced enthusiasts to try self tuning. There is definitely a market.

I'm totally holding out and hoping MQB 1.8 and 2.0 HP Tuners comes out. Take my money!!!
    Right there with you guys. Plus that other solution doesn't let you modify the transmission calibrations AFAIK
    Previous
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R

Advanced Tuner
    This is getting closer to being a reality, but we're still working out some final things for it. Thank you all for your patience!
    I assume this got put on the back burner or ran into some issues? Just looking for an honest update if you have one, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    I assume this got put on the back burner or ran into some issues? Just looking for an honest update if you have one, thank you.
    Not on the backburner, just a lot of hurdles for us to jump through to provide as complete support as we can on launch. Its still very much in active development.
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Advanced Tuner
    Not on the backburner, just a lot of hurdles for us to jump through to provide as complete support as we can on launch. Its still very much in active development.
    Thanks for the update, really appreciate it!

Potential Tuner
    Impatiently waiting. It seems like Eurodyne is adding more stuff for 1.8s now. They just added a bunch of Maestro tables so I guess ED is still developing for the 2.0 and 1.8s. I hate the Maestro interface, but it's getting the job done.

Advanced Tuner
    Impatiently waiting. It seems like Eurodyne is adding more stuff for 1.8s now. They just added a bunch of Maestro tables so I guess ED is still developing for the 2.0 and 1.8s. I hate the Maestro interface, but it's getting the job done.
    yea eurodyne sucks but chris actually gives half a shit about the MQB chassis

Potential Tuner
    ED Maestro doesn't support all box codes on MQB platform, hence I cannot rely on it to tune cars for my customers. Anyone tried the beta? If so any success? I would like to pull the trigger on buying HP Tuners.

Advanced Tuner
    I believe your wishes have begun to be granted boys

Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    I believe your wishes have begun to be granted boys
    Were you able to read a SIMOS 18 car? I tried on Saturday with the newest beta, and HP Tuners no longer gave me the "not authorized" message for the ECM, but when I opened the file it said "Failed to load definition." Figured my ECM OS still isn't defined. I have a 2016 US GTI
    Last edited by Exley; 07-07-2020 at 12:14 PM.
    Previous
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R