Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Simos18, MQB Golf R MK7 2014

Quote Originally Posted by tomaptuning View Post
    Here is a DSG file from a '15 gti

Attachment 103316
    Thanks! Having trouble reading mine. Have a ticket open with support, but I can start wrapping my head around the DSG tables while I wait
    Previous
    2007 Mustang GT w/ Whipple supercharger
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Exley View Post
    Thanks! Having trouble reading mine. Have a ticket open with support, but I can start wrapping my head around the DSG tables while I wait
    No problem let us know how you make out, Im still waiting on a '16 a3 i just bought, should be here next week to start playing

Tuner in Training
    i wish hptuners could names the map same like translated siemens continental names with ID,i am used to winols,sometimes we look for 1D limiter which is named differently in hptuners that winols..just saying it would make it easier to add in map description.

Tuner in Training
    btw the DSG is perfect definition

Tuner in Training

Tuner in Training
    this calibration is wrong ,you are touching some maps in wrong way
    why are you raising the indicated torque maps ? the throttle/torque maps is 150 at full throttle ? how are you getting 150% out of 100 %?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis_Panic View Post
    You've got 3 degrees of advance in the global modifier and in your log the knock sensors are pulling that right back out. 3 degrees can be a lot on this platform especially in the low-mid RPM areas at higher cylinder airmass.
    Previous
    2007 Mustang GT w/ Whipple supercharger
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R

Advanced Tuner
    2017 Audi S3 file for anyone interested in browsing around

ECU: SIMOS 18.1/18.6 8V0906259K__0003
    TCU: DQ250 0D9300012__5046
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    This thread has been dormant for almost 1 year now, what all is supported now for hptuner, as far as tables, does it support mpi and everything that would be needed for hybrid/bt

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Railroader78 View Post
    This thread has been dormant for almost 1 year now, what all is supported now for hptuner, as far as tables, does it support mpi and everything that would be needed for hybrid/bt
    yes and no.

Many of the MK7 2.0 box codes are well supported in the editor. A few of the less common ones are a little lacking, but in my experience-- send in a ticket to bring that box code 'up to speed' with all the latest additions and they knock it out pretty quick.

MPI and such work, but there is no 1-click MPI enable, you have to know what to enable. VW/Audi aren't helping here because there's a lot of a variation in all of the box codes.

Datalogging is OK, but biggest issue for hybrid/BT setup is you can't log the WG axis values. Needs a high speed direct memory access logger patch.

I know you do a lot of stuff on ED.... the HPT software is lightyears better, but it still has a few quirks of its own and you don't have the Boss files/logic to work around some of the software/logging shortcomings.

DSG stuff on the other hand is very good and works great.

Best option is to download a few files and poke around the software

Tuner in Training
    I am thinking about picking it up to play with it and play with the dsg, also I can use it to play with my wife's tahoe so even if not for my audi I can use it for the tahoe, the ED is working good and with all the updates that have came out it was nice to see tapp is still working on it, I would love to see tapp allow dsg editing with the maestro. I am hpt will get more up to date, I am more curious about the dsg side right now, getting kind of tires of my apr stage 3 dsg

Advanced Tuner
    I am thinking about picking it up to play with it and play with the dsg, also I can use it to play with my wife's tahoe so even if not for my audi I can use it for the tahoe, the ED is working good and with all the updates that have came out it was nice to see tapp is still working on it, I would love to see tapp allow dsg editing with the maestro. I am hpt will get more up to date, I am more curious about the dsg side right now, getting kind of tires of my apr stage 3 dsg
    Yep DSG is great. You can easily raise torque limits, command higher line pressure and adjust all shift points. Enable/disable kickdown or auto upshift etc.

DSG flash takes about 10 seconds too on hp tuners.

Tuner in Training
    How is it as far as launch control goes

Advanced Tuner
    How is it as far as launch control goes
    Pretty much the same as launch control with AP / EQT tunes. Using the factory style DSG launch control that is. It does not have ECU controlled LC for manual trans cars etc. But you can directly set the LC rpm and there's some torque targets and such too.

Here's a pic to just give you an idea

Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 11.PNG (141.1 KB, 207 views)

Tuner in Training
    I just ordered the mpvi2 pro, I'm sure I'll have some questions once I start getting into it, might see how the tcu and lc react with ed and the ed 2-step

Tuner in Training
    Hptuners should come out with haldex controller support also

Advanced Tuner
    Hptuners should come out with haldex controller support also
    Open source world it's been talked about/looked at. Like most things... a lot of great ideas but only a few guys who actually have the skill and knowledge to make it happen and they only have so much free time.

But yes agree! I see they have support for the Focus RS module

Tuner in Training
    I saw that, that's what sparked my question, just don't see how basically only um is the only one to figure it out