Thread: Keyspan won't talk to LC1

Keyspan won't talk to LC1

The gauge I have works fine and reads the AFR, and I can read the AFR through the HPT software. I cannot connect to either the LogWorks2 or LM Programmer software though. I have the newest Keyspan drivers, I'm connected to the OUT serial connecter and the termination is installed in the IN connector, and I have tried forcing the Keyspan to various COM ports and speed settings.

How do you guys have your Keyspans configured? I've searched both here and at LS1tech.com and have tried everything recommended. I see that others are successfully connecting...

Thanks for the help!

its gotta be com 1-4 if I remember correctly to connect to the LC1

might have to use the keyspan com port wizard thingy toclear out something old and make it use one of 1-4

also make sure you have your terminator plug in the "IN" wire
    if you dont have that...you dont have a connection..push real hard tomake sure its in tightly and completely

and mine connects perfectly
    -Scott -

Scott, I tried all of your suggestions in this thread and others you've replied to before and none of them work with my Keyspan. I just hauled my desktop PC out to the garage, and it communicates perfectly. I will keep playing with the Keyspan settings, but at least I know the LC1 is working properly now.

Thanks!

it sounds like your laptop pc is clogged up for com ports
    the thing to do next is to go into the device manager
    make sure under "view" you have -show hidden devices- checked...it may also take a registry change to show everything

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\
    Environment]
    Value Name: DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES
    Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
    Value Data: (1 = show all hidden devices)

then go thru and uninstall/remove all com port devices...
    use the keyspan manager to clear out all keyspan instances and then set it to be com 1~4(I usually make it 4)

it will work on other com ports...but its kind of picky and it works better with com 1~4

this is as best as I can tell you...
    beyond that..go to www.inovatemotorsports.com and ask on their support forum...
    -Scott -