Thread: 2015 Mustang GT with 2018 intake question about VCT settings for OP

2015 Mustang GT with 2018 intake question about VCT settings for OP

i recently installed a 2018 intake on a 2015 Mustang GT that has long tube headers and off road x pipe. I'm trying to find the optimum settings for VCT in OP mode does anyone have any recommendations would it be ok to just use a stock 2018 tune file and copy the intake and exhaust settings for OP? I don't have a dyno to bracket the cams and looking for some guidance thanks.

Use your maf flow in datalogs, pick an rpm and then move the cams around a little until you get the max airflow at that rpm via datalogging. This wil be a good starting point for you.

Cam timing.png

Advanced Tuner
    yea those op cam angles are very effective, ive seen them somewhere before but cant remember.

These are pretty much cookie cutter Lund angles. The best will vary car to car, but this is a good starting point. Basically, this will be within a few degrees at every rpm range of where the car will be happy with an 18 intake.

Advanced Tuner
    yea I thought they were lund cam angles, ive tried them before on my stock intake and 18 intake and it definitely felt good. ive even experiment with using some of the stock 18 op cam settings from the 18 tune on here. seemed to help with the low end, still playing around with the op vct to see where im finally happy.

Tuner in Training
    Mine seems to like more advance up top on both cam. I was tuned by Lund with those cam angles and even on E85 it was not happy up top. Power on dyno even dropped off unlike most 18 manifold cars.

Advanced Tuner
    yea mine is currently -10 at 1000 and -10 at 1750 on the intake side and it seems to be happy currently. still messing with cam timing to see what it likes the most.

If you use your maf and experiment with them a little, you will find that as maf lb/hr increases with a op vct change, power will reflect that on the dyno. The Lund angles are close to start with an 18 intake, around 7500 is what needs about the most work in my experience. Those were base numbers that I used to start on that specific car...it was close enough to move them around and optimize it without spending hours

Quote Originally Posted by 95Gturbo View Post
    If you use your maf and experiment with them a little, you will find that as maf lb/hr increases with a op vct change, power will reflect that on the dyno. The Lund angles are close to start with an 18 intake, around 7500 is what needs about the most work in my experience. Those were base numbers that I used to start on that specific car...it was close enough to move them around and optimize it without spending hours
    Thanks

How did you log airflow ?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    ^ Log Lb/Min and also Load
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161