Thread: Tuning Cammed LS3 on 04111 PCM

Potential Tuner

Tuning Cammed LS3 on 04111 PCM

59. race 10.13.hpl58. Current on 10.13 using MAF.hpt38. maf driving around 9.23.hpl39. lean at startup 9.24.hpl44. ve 1 9.26.hpl45. ve after scan 1 9.26.hpt48. ve 3 9.26.hpl49. ve after scan 3 9.26 current.hpt

Looking for a little help dialing in the tune on my cammed LS3 with a T56. I'm running a 0411 PCM and started with a 02 LS1 base stock tune. I'm also running stock ls3 injectors and the cam is 231/244 112 +4 with .600/.600 lift. I've read multiple How-To's a multiple times but I'm having some issues really dialing it in. Note that my injector data came from a couple documents I found on here I believe. I'm running a AEM wideband in the driver's header. It was right after the header but I swapped it with the O2 sensor incase a small leak was causing some issues. He's the breakdown of what I'm having issues with.

Car running decent

I warm it up and start reading AFR error (btw I've had this issue tuning VE and MAF)

After driving around going 50-75mph for awhile I'll pull over and update my table

Right after I start back up it runs way lean at low RPM and starts bucking like crazy but after you start driving those cells turn from +20s to +4s or so on the interstate.

My thought was this was because of my IAT so I purchased the "faster" sensor moved it around and now even to outside my car. I seems to have slightly helped but it still seems to act weird.

Also it seems like no matter what I do I can't get within that 1-2% error across the board. I've multiplied by half and have even only copied sections, but it seems like I always overshoot and go lean.

So basically what could I be doing wrong or what's wrong with my tune/car? Maybe I just need to keep at it with the IAT sensor outside of the engine bay until I get the intake rerouted to be a true cold air?

I attached some files but they may be hard to follow so let me know if I need to clarify. 1 would be the oldest and 60 would be the most recent.
    Last edited by Black18Ice; 02-13-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Are you running the LS3 MAP sensor?

It has LS1 map data in there.

You need to be smoothing out the VE and MAF everytime you do changes. You MAF curve has too many spikes and dips in it.

Fuel pressure stays constant or what type of fuel system is it? 58psi?

When tuning the VE or MAF are you putting the tune into speed density or setting it to run off just the MAF? Like you can't tune the VE with the MAF active or logging.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    LS1 MAP sensor where the LS3 used to be.

I click smooth once on the VE table. Thought I did as well on the MAF but I'll look at that.

Racetronix 255 pump in a LS1 style tank and in tank regulator. Fuel pressure looks good as I have a gauge on my dash.

When tuning VE I disable MAF and unplug it just like the How-To's mention (set fail hertz to 0 and run in open loop).

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Black18Ice View Post
    59. race 10.13.hpl58. Current on 10.13 using MAF.hpt38. maf driving around 9.23.hpl39. lean at startup 9.24.hpl44. ve 1 9.26.hpl45. ve after scan 1 9.26.hpt48. ve 3 9.26.hpl49. ve after scan 3 9.26 current.hpt

Looking for a little help dialing in the tune on my cammed LS3 with a T56. I'm running a 0411 PCM and started with a 02 LS1 base stock tune. I'm also running stock ls3 injectors and the cam is 231/244 112 +4 with .600/.600 lift. I've read multiple How-To's a multiple times but I'm having some issues really dialing it in. Note that my injector data came from a couple documents I found on here I believe. I'm running a AEM wideband in the driver's header. It was right after the header but I swapped it with the O2 sensor incase a small leak was causing some issues. He's the breakdown of what I'm having issues with.

Car running decent

I warm it up and start reading AFR error (btw I've had this issue tuning VE and MAF)

After driving around going 50-75mph for awhile I'll pull over and update my table

Right after I start back up it runs way lean at low RPM and starts bucking like crazy but after you start driving those cells turn from +20s to +4s or so on the interstate.

My thought was this was because of my IAT so I purchased the "faster" sensor moved it around and now even to outside my car. I seems to have slightly helped but it still seems to act weird.

Also it seems like no matter what I do I can't get within that 1-2% error across the board. I've multiplied by half and have even only copied sections, but it seems like I always overshoot and go lean.

So basically what could I be doing wrong or what's wrong with my tune/car? Maybe I just need to keep at it with the IAT sensor outside of the engine bay until I get the intake rerouted to be a true cold air?

I attached some files but they may be hard to follow so let me know if I need to clarify. 1 would be the oldest and 60 would be the most recent.
    I'm not home to view your file but I so have some ls3 to ls1 injector data.
    Kinda interested bc I have some similar issue
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Advanced Tuner
    What about the bias and or afterstart enrichment?
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi