Thread: 5.3 Flex with LS1 intake. Running rich.

Tuner in Training

5.3 Flex with LS1 intake. Running rich.

Ive got an 04 flex 5.3 with a BTR NSR cam with LS1 intake.
    tried multiple things and cant seem to get any better.
    No I do not have wideband.
    Any pointers will be greatly appreciated
    NIck test tune 12-13-18.hplCrown Vic TEST 2ND TUNE 2-11-19.hpt

The tune shows the MAF is failed but the log doesn't.

Are you running a MAF?

Basically air is fuel. So if you tell it less air is coming in, it will give out less fuel. Pull like 3-5% from the MAF/VE, reset the fuel trims and see what the trims do as a test. You really need a wideband with this setup.

Verify you aren't going too high on fuel pressure and that injector data is right if you changed those.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I?m running a MAF. I?m guessing whoever originally did tune must of failed it. I have no clue I?ve never messed with any of that but I think I found what?s changed in the engine Diagnostics? It?s the primary ve I?d need to take fuel out right? Wouldn?t it be -.03 to -.05 for 3 to 5%

You'd multiply the table by .95 if you wanted to take 5% away from the whole table.

With how the tune is set currently, yes it's running off just the VE because the MAF is failed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.