Thread: ZF8 availability to dump/load TCM files?

Potential Tuner

ZF8 availability to dump/load TCM files?

I'm wondering if anyone localish to me has the ability and has the credits for the ZF8 transmission and can it be used to dump the complete file and then load that file or a new file back in?

Looking to undo some Manufacture #$%$ery that has neutered my ZF8 transmission and I'm tired of it questioning my intention to accelerate "Are you sure" "yes" "I'm not feeling that you really want to not get run over, are you sure". "YES #$%$ING GO!" okay VROOM.

The ZF8 was the first auto transmission that I felt Audi had right , until they neutered it. Just looking to be able to dump the file save it and load another. AT some point I'd consider some tuning,but right now I just want to revert what Audi did to my baby.

Please reach out if you are in or around Livermore, CA and have access.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CactusS4 View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone localish to me has the ability and has the credits for the ZF8 transmission and can it be used to dump the complete file and then load that file or a new file back in?

Looking to undo some Manufacture #$%$ery that has neutered my ZF8 transmission and I'm tired of it questioning my intention to accelerate "Are you sure" "yes" "I'm not feeling that you really want to not get run over, are you sure". "YES #$%$ING GO!" okay VROOM.

The ZF8 was the first auto transmission that I felt Audi had right , until they neutered it. Just looking to be able to dump the file save it and load another. AT some point I'd consider some tuning,but right now I just want to revert what Audi did to my baby.

Please reach out if you are in or around Livermore, CA and have access.

Thanks
    Did they move you to a new software ID? We can modify the calibration, but we do not have provisions to change the entire software ID. That said you can calibrate the new software ID to behave like the old one with a compare, which I think is what you're probably after.

I'm not immediately aware of anyone that'd be in that area, but hopefully someone out there sees this and can help you out!
    If its not broke, just give it time.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    Did they move you to a new software ID? We can modify the calibration, but we do not have provisions to change the entire software ID. That said you can calibrate the new software ID to behave like the old one with a compare, which I think is what you're probably after.

I'm not immediately aware of anyone that'd be in that area, but hopefully someone out there sees this and can help you out!
    Thanks Steven,

Ya I've read that was the limitation (not able to actually dump the file and load a file, but more tune the available variables), but I still kind of need to be able to at least read the "pre neutered" TCM to get it's metrics and then read mine to see what the differences are. Def have a lot of interest and the Audi tuners are running a bit behind in getting this out there. And I keep looking under rocks because I'm so miffed at Audi

Tory

I’m in Sacramento.

If you have the files. I can flash it.

Be advised. If you have a unique definition file, after my cable reads the stock tune, there is a posibility it may need to be defined by HP and a software update sent back.

Turn around for the software updates have been hovering around 2-7 days.

It doesn’t happen often, but it does happen.

Your car will still run and drive fine, but we won’t be able to map the transmission until the software update comes back.
    Last edited by Kaploww; 02-14-2019 at 11:16 AM.