Thread: 2007 Escalade flexfuel upgrade

Tuner in Training

2007 Escalade flexfuel upgrade

hi. i plan to upgrade my 2007 escalade to run with e85. first i use hptuner to modify internal program in the e38 ecm. activate flexfuel , copy values in all the flexfuel tables and spark tables , swap 30lbh injector to 54lbh flow rate. everything from the stock tune of a 2009 escalade. the only one question make me hesitate is that in the 2009 we have the FCPM module which is manage the fuel pressure and in the 2007 we don't have this module.
    so does anyone know if fcpm is mandatory to fully activate the flexfuel mode ?

No, I wouldn't think that you'd have to have it. I can't think of any reason you need it.

Just making sure that you can maintain fuel pressure with the fuel pump you have would be wanted.

The rest should be hard parts. Like wiring in a real sensor, programming that, swapping the injectors to a larger size and doing what is needed for that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. What do you think about the virtual sensor versus real sensor as gm definitely stopped using this sensor in 2009 or 2010 don't remember? I read in the technical manual that the management of the flexfuel is based on o2 error and fuel level calculation. This is why I asked a question about the needed of the fpcm.
    Last edited by 2008SRX; 02-15-2019 at 01:05 AM.

You can't just swap in the flow rate without swapping injectors. And then, you need to insert ALL of the data for the 54# injectors, not just flow rate. Install the real GM flex sensor.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Yes. As i said, i plan to swap injectors to 54#. okay for the gm flex sensor. Thank you for your advice.
    Last edited by 2008SRX; 02-18-2019 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2008SRX View Post
    Yes. As i said, i plan to swap injectors to 54#. okay for the gm flex sensor. Thank you for your advice.
    Do you know where the wires will pin in to the ecu? I did this on my chevy spark (e78) and found the info online. Just starting it up now so I'll find out if I did everything right. The sensors are so cheap, I put mine just before the fuel rail. I'd be curious to hear how it goes. Best of luck