Thread: Options not available in Editor

Potential Tuner

Options not available in Editor

Hi,
    I have read the ecm and tcm, saved the file as my stock tune and on 3 different drives for backup.
    Now, I am beginning to edit parameters in the vcm editor and I do not have the options I have seen in the videos and tutorials people have made.
    For example, when I go to OS, that window is blank, and when I open tables, they are smaller, and I don't have as many of them.
    Maybe it is my car, or am I missing something; I have a 2006 Cadillac cts base 2.8L engine.
    Here are some screenshots:
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Perfectly normal for these ecm's. What you see is what you get in this case.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the quick reply. Is this because of HPTuner support for my vehicle, or does my ecm have less functions or peramerters than other cars?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathand View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. Is this because of HPTuner support for my vehicle, or does my ecm have less functions or peramerters than other cars?
    Just a different ecm, different strategy. Not all ecm's are created equal. We map out what we can find in the code, some are just easier to map out than others.

Potential Tuner
    okay thanks.

Tuner in Training
    I'm having the same problem with the sample 2014 Corvette file, at least on one of my computers. My Toshiba laptop running 4.2.12 shows up blank when I open the OS tab. When I open the same OS tab on version 4.2.12 on my HP home computer I have options (TCS Patch, VATS Patch etc.) When looking to disable VVT on the home HP, no problem. On the Toshiba laptop, many of options are not there on the Engine tab.

I have copied the sample HPT file from home to laptop, no joy. I have removed and reinstalled the entire Suite on the laptop, still no go.

Any ideas on what may be going on? BTW, I see the same problem when opening other sample files on both machines. I suspect something in the configuration of the laptop. Both are Windows 10 Home.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Last edited by KemahGT; 03-06-2019 at 09:42 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by KemahGT View Post
    I'm having the same problem with the sample 2014 Corvette file, at least on one of my computers. My Toshiba laptop running 4.2.12 shows up blank when I open the OS tab. When I open the same OS tab on version 4.2.12 on my HP home computer I have options (TCS Patch, VATS Patch etc. When looking to disable VVT on the home HP, no problem. On the Toshiba laptop, many of options are not there on the Engine tab.

I have copied the sample HPT file from home to laptop, no joy. I have removed and reinstalled the entire Suite on the laptop, still no go.

Any ideas on what may be going on?
    Thanks in advance for any help!
    go to edit-view-and set it to advanced.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    go to edit-view-and set it to advanced.
    Duh! Thanks for the immediate response!

I have missing O2 sensors enable and disable front and rear option is gone?????