Thread: Boosted 6.0 Iac and timing issue! Help needed!

Tuner

Boosted 6.0 Iac and timing issue! Help needed!

Hey I have a Boosted 6.0 with an IAC and Idle Timing issue. This has had me stumped for a few weeks and im still trying to figure it out. IAC maxs out at zero after startup, and Idle timing is being pulled down to 5* which is my setting of lowest advance. Seems like a vaccum leak problem but I have changed intakes, tb, sensors, plugged vacuum lines etc. NO LUCK!

I wanna say it just started out the blue one day. I just finished installing this new setup so I still have a lot of tuning etc. to do on it. I originally had a TBSS intake on it with the same issue, I swapped it out for a holley high ram with no remedy. I even upgraded to a newer 02 411ecu and 3 bar OS with the same issue. I cant seem to narrow it down.

I have gone as far as changing all kinds of idle tables, opened up the throttle blade, changed to a new TPS sensor, new eBay 92mm tb.
    I even had 2 diff throttle bodies and 2 diff IAC sensor without any luck. I've tuned a lot of vehicles over the years, but my own personal one has stumped me!

Imma post up my current tune and a quick idle log file. Any help is greatly appreciated! Ill even buy ya a case of beer! thanks.
    Last edited by brandon6.0; 02-16-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    2000 silverado rcsb lq4/4l80e. Custom s480 turbo setup. 93oct meth injected. SD Tuned by me.

2007 tbss ls2/4l80e. Nitrous!!! MAF Only Tuned by me.

Advanced Tuner
    File is locked

Tuner
    Updated with an unlocked tune.
    2000 silverado rcsb lq4/4l80e. Custom s480 turbo setup. 93oct meth injected. SD Tuned by me.

Advanced Tuner
    still says Tuner locked, whats your setup?

Tuner
    Well I just researched it so I gotta do a write entire with the tune unlocked for it to be unlocked. Does this make since? ive never had my tunes locked before, im guessing I selected tuner lock all files.

Advanced Tuner
    To enable the Tuner Lock: Double click the text in the Tune Details window that says "<Double Click to Change Lock>". This will change the Security Key from the stock Security Key to a different Security Key and a Tuner Lock ID that corresponds to your MPVI. The file will then be locked after you write the vehicle. (See Image Below) (Must Write Entire for all controllers EXCEPT E38 PCMs. For vehicles equipped with an E38 PCM, you must select "Write VIN/Tunerlock/VATS" in the 'Vehicle Writer' window.)

To disable the Tuner Lock: Open the Tuner Locked tune file with VCM Editor and double click the same text that you previously clicked to lock the file. This will remove the Tuner Lock. The file will then be unlocked after you write the vehicle (Must Write Entire for all controllers EXCEPT E38 PCMs. For vehicles equipped with an E38 PCM, you must select "Write VIN/Tunerlock/VATS" in the 'Vehicle Writer' window.) (NOTE: You must use the install of VCM Editor that has the Application Key entered for the MPVI that you used to Tuner Lock the file originally)

Tuner
    updated with a new tune try it. This one for sure should be unlocked lol.

Weird that it went from OL not ready to OL accel while just sitting at idle.

But you do have the PE set to some on at 0% throttle and 30kpa, so that may make sense. Try changing your PE stuff back to regular values.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I have it set up for OL idle. I can change that back. I don't see how tht would affect the idle timing and IAC tho. Is it possible to have a corrupted OS? I have read about when converting to a newer OS that it can cause crazy weird issues like this. Any thoughts?

Tuner
    bump!

Tuner
    anyone got any ideas on this? this has been driving me crazy. Hope one of u guys have something tht could help.