Thread: Tuning 07-09 GT500 basic questions

Tuning 07-09 GT500 basic questions

Seeing as these cars do not have knock sensors whats the "safe" limit with timing on 93 with a basic upper pulley setup and stock exhaust? The stock timing looks pretty mild. Any good tips/tricks/hints for these? A friend picked up a FRPP intake and 2.6 pulley for his car and I may tune it for him depending on what info I can actually find. I have done some minor tuning on my 2011 GT with Whipple but it has knocks sensors and widebands. Prior to my car I have mostly done EEC-IV stuff which is much simpler. I assume the same basics apply.

I also need to find the MAF transfer for the FRPP intake does anyone have that?

Apparently nobody messes with these much.

Advanced Tuner
    I've noticed it's hard to get any Ford advice on here especially for the modular motors :-(. GM, holy cow everyone's on it lol. I think everyone who tunes the modular motors are using SCT or something else so not many HPT users for this motor. I could be wrong though, not taking bad about anything, and do appreciate all the help from everyone. I'd help you if I knew.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dsblk93gt View Post
    Seeing as these cars do not have knock sensors whats the "safe" limit with timing on 93 with a basic upper pulley setup and stock exhaust? The stock timing looks pretty mild. Any good tips/tricks/hints for these? A friend picked up a FRPP intake and 2.6 pulley for his car and I may tune it for him depending on what info I can actually find. I have done some minor tuning on my 2011 GT with Whipple but it has knocks sensors and widebands. Prior to my car I have mostly done EEC-IV stuff which is much simpler. I assume the same basics apply.

I also need to find the MAF transfer for the FRPP intake does anyone have that?
    im sorry i havent tuned on that intake, you will have to do the same as the chevy guys, tune part throttle using fuel trims and guesstimate the WOT.

what i usually so is to check the tendency on the fuel trims, if off idle to 3krpm hovers around +13 to +15 i multiply the whole table by 1.1 and start over, so by the moment i get to a dyno with a WB its safe enough.

Timing without knock retard the only way i know is to read your plugs and see how they look