Thread: Ls3 525

Tuner

Ls3 525

I have an ls3 525 with a poor idle when in gear and cold, The car was dyno tuned. I think the tuner got lazy.Reuben 02 trans am.hpt
    Last edited by DougO; 02-16-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Tuner in Training
    multiple the Idle airflow by 20% g/s and see if it solve your problem

Advanced Tuner
    I just tuned a TBSS with one of those 525 engines installed. Post a log.
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner
    I did add air to the base running airflow, I did a compare to my turbo 5.3 with a small cam and I have more air in it than the ls3 so I bumped it up and will flash it in the morning. I'll also log it tomorrow since the snow is finally going away.

Is that file correct?

It's a LS3 put in a trans am running a P01 computer?

If so, for one it doesn't even know that it's a 6.2 liter engine. It still thinks it's a 5.7 LS1 size. The MAF is tuned but the VE is not, that is just lazy work. Only half the airflow model was done.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    It's tuned on a p59 ECM, That's why I say the tuner got lazy, it doesn't run very well. The tuner is a 5 hour drive one way so it is not going back to him, as jacked up as this tune is it put down just shy of 500hp on a mustang dyno.

Tuner
    Quick logreb1.hpl

That's a P01 computer, not P59 but that doesn't really matter. The things I said are still true.

If it was me, I'd correct those few things and start going back over the tune file with a wideband o2 sensor. Start with the MAF or VE, try to fine tune the airflow model. Often times just do that can really help with the idling and low rpm driving. If fueling is good, then making correction to idle airflow and timing settings comes much faster.

Then work on wide open throttle fueling and make sure it's all squared and anything else you want to do after that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Thanks for the info 5FDP, I don't have the option for a 6.2 so I set it to 6.0 and changed the cylinder volume to match a 6.2, I do have a wideband setup to feed data into the vcm scanner.I'll go log tomorrow and see how the fueling is.Right now I'm logging my 5.3 turbo tahoe I need to get it squared away.