Thread: Need help with a base tune for bigger injectors and pulley

Potential Tuner

Need help with a base tune for bigger injectors and pulley

I am in need of some help as I haven't been able to get in touch with the tuner and I have to move the car from the shop as the owner is traveling Monday. The car is a 12 CTSv with bigger injectors, smaller pulley and headers. Could anybody help me with something basic so I can at least start the vehicle and drive it home? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I will provide all details and if anybody can help.
    Last edited by Basco; 02-16-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Tuner
    You are going to need to start by researching scaling your injectors. There is lots of information on it in this forum, do a search. I've read up on it and am going to do it soon.
    07 Silverado 5.3 full exhaust, CAI, BTR Stage 2 turbo cam and springs 226/231 .605"/.598" 113+4

Tuner
    More than likely you'll need to copy over the short pulse adder and offset tables from the supplied injector data.
    07 Silverado 5.3 full exhaust, CAI, BTR Stage 2 turbo cam and springs 226/231 .605"/.598" 113+4

Advanced Tuner
    as long as you have the correct injector data you should be able to start it and drive it home. Just don't go into P.E. mode as you don't know how lean you are going to be or if you are experiencing any knock. What type of injectors do you have? If they are I.D. ones then you can go on their website and literally copy and past the data into the tune, flash the tune to your car, and then drive it home

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jjs View Post
    You are going to need to start by researching scaling your injectors. There is lots of information on it in this forum, do a search. I've read up on it and am going to do it soon.
    He may not need to do this...depends on how large of injectors he has. With his mods he shouldn't need to do that

How big?

What injectors?

Do they have data?

Some key details you left out. Any good brand of injectors will come with data. Cheap injectors won't.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.