Thread: 2014 ctsv vve high rpm disable/re enable settings

Advanced Tuner

2014 ctsv vve high rpm disable/re enable settings

So this is more of a general question. The stock settings for dynamic airflow disable and re-enable is 4000rpm/3800rpm respectively. I'm sure GM picked these values for a reason, but when i change those values to say 3400/3200 or 3200/3000 i really can't tell any difference in driveability. Anyone who is smarter than me care to chime in as to why these values are they way they are? Does it have to do with the air velocity at those rpm levels? Just curious, thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    anyone??

Advanced Tuner
    You're not going to because those are just the settings for when maf takes over for primary fueling calculations and since you didn't lower it enough to really make a difference for normal DD driving i wouldn't imagine driveablilty would change - if maf and ve are tuned properly you wont really notice a difference between the two in my opinion however I feel ve gives slightly better throttle response than maf only but also makes it more touchy to me depending on mods. I run maf only which would be a 200/100 settings and its smooth to me but everyone has their own preference
    Last edited by TCSS07; 02-20-2019 at 01:23 PM.

The E67 runs a blended mode using both VE and MAF to calculate fueling. The settings you are talking about are just the levels were the ECU switches to pure MAF only fueling and then back to blend mode.

Advanced Tuner
    Right, i understand it's a blended tune, but what i want to know is WHY are the stock settings 4000/3800. There has got to be a reason for that rpm being the "cross over" point from VE to MAF.

Senior Tuner
    It's not from VE to MAF. It's from blended to MAF. GM engineers probably feel that at 4K rpm and higher there is not much tps transition going on and the sheer volume of air going through the MAF makes the sensors ability to accurately keep up is improved. Just speculation of course, but probably valid. And while the majority of calibrations use 4000/3900, I've seen some stock calibrations that use 3400/3300, and 3600/3500.

Advanced Tuner
    thanks, that's what i was looking for..appreciate it