Thread: Idle adjustments for cam in supercharged LS3

Advanced Tuner

Idle adjustments for cam in supercharged LS3

So I cam swapped an LS3 with an LSA blower on it. I'm having some issues getting the idle to play nice. The cam isn't very wild (223/231, .629"/.629", 115 LSA, 112 ICL), just a small blower cam.

If I lower the final idle airflow tables (10-10.5g/s) it seems to oscillate and die on occasion but other times run fine. If I raise it to around 11-12 range the idle sky rockets to 1-1.5k in neutral but in drive it seems great.

The idle timing was at 13 I just raised it to 18 and I'm going to try 10g/s on the final idle airflow table.

Any other tricks to smooth out the idle and keep it running?

Advanced Tuner
    Also, it seems to be fine in gear but when its in park or neutral it kind of hunts around for idle

If you have your airflow logged and input correctly, minor adjustment to Integral & Follower tables will keep it from hunting for idle.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    you should be able to get it to idle fine adjusting your airflow, assuming your fueling is in check. Make small adjustments. Also there are different airflow tables for p/n and in gear. Try making your ignition tables the same in the idle area so timing stays more stable. Also if you're over or under shooting your target idle, ignition adjustments can make changes also, so be aware of that. I would try smaller adjustments on idle airflow first.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks guys I'll look into these changes