Thread: Rally stage distance display

Potential Tuner

Rally stage distance display

Using 3.7 ultimate and I can add a text object to display rally stage distance, however it never starts at zero. I have looked under config against the data channels and tried to use a calculated field, but it appears that distance is already a calculated field and I can't get it as an input field. If I could I then should be able to subtract the start distance that is displayed and it would work.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    I'm using RaceChrono which provides this as an individual field in the CSV itself. I run my output through a small program to format my autocross runs into specific laps and perform the same calculation that you're suggesting.

Since this is a calculated field for you, I'm not sure that there's much you can do beyond adding a new column to your data file and manually adding it in. Perhaps Weston will add the ability to calculate fields based on calculated fields in the future?

Tuner in Training
    I, too, would like to have this capability, i.e., to adjust a calculated field.

I often use GoPro (8 Black) telemetry data. It's nice that RR automatically combines the videos and all data embedded in them. The problem is that I generally create a finished product that is only some portion of all that, and when displaying the distance traveled that text data will start at some non-zero value (based on how far along in the combined file my final video extraction starts). It would be really nice if I could zero-out that start distance.

@Weston@HPTuners, any thoughts on this issue that you would care to share, especially given that it's been half a year since this question was posed?

Thanks,

Bill P.