Thread: Newb Questions on GenV E92 (Wideband readings Q and E85 Q)

Tuner in Training

Newb Questions on GenV E92 (Wideband readings Q and E85 Q)

Background: I havent tuned anything since the mid/late 90s, but I was fairly competent on those and I think have a good understanding of the basics of ECM tuning. This newer stuff so much more complicated and hence the layup questions....

Question: Just installed a AEM wideband to integrate into the can bus. 2015 Corvette Z06. Works perfectly. However, I am getting AFR readings slightly lean, like 15:0 to 15.3 at idle. Computer is commanding 1.0 Equivalence ratio and in closed loop.

My understanding of the older cars is that unless something was wrong, then it was more or less impossible to make them run anything other than 14.7 / stoich in closed loop. I would assume the same here, so long as the car is requesting 1.0 EQ? I could adjust the MAF, but wont that just move fuel trims and I would expect to continue to see the slightly lean condition? Is there an issue, or is this not even worth mentioning? The only thing I can think is my factory 02s are in the header collector, and the wideband bung is further back by ~12 inches, but past the collector flange.... but I cant feel or hear any exhaust leaks.

Second question.... I want to get a flex fuel tune started up and going. I would assume a good starting place is the tune from a E92 PCM from a flex fuel truck??? Does it matter 5.3 or 6.2?
    Last edited by atljar; 02-18-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Tuner in Training
    So I literally just went through about 50 pages in this forum, LOL. I think I answered my own questions....

1) MAF adjustments will vary AFR. I want to scale the MAF so that my wideband matches my commanded. I assume I want to force open loop and tune from there?

2) Newer trucks are all virtual. On the hunt for a 2014 or 2015 i suppose.

you don't want to start with a stock factory flex vehicle.

have you wired in a physical flex fuel sensor like the DSX?

Off topic.. you had a red lt1 camaro back in the day with cc306 cam correct?? Back in the early 2000 on camaroz28.com boards

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    you don't want to start with a stock factory flex vehicle.

have you wired in a physical flex fuel sensor like the DSX?

Yes. I have a DSX sensor and am getting a valid ethanol reading in the scanner (right at 10 percent). I know I don't have the fuel needed to run much e but hoping to get away with e20 or 25

I assumed most of blend tables would be best to start with a factory table. What is your suggestion as a starting point?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Off topic.. you had a red lt1 camaro back in the day with cc306 cam correct?? Back in the early 2000 on camaroz28.com boards
    That was me, killer memory! 847 cam though. I think was the first cam only m6 into 11s. Not sure how many people have even done that since. It's funny how many people I still pass that I recognize screen names!

FB_IMG_1550535328573.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by atljar View Post
    Yes. I have a DSX sensor and am getting a valid ethanol reading in the scanner (right at 10 percent). I know I don't have the fuel needed to run much e but hoping to get away with e20 or 25

I assumed most of blend tables would be best to start with a factory table. What is your suggestion as a starting point?
    pm sent