Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Issues with 2018 intake manifold on 2015 mustang gt

Tuner in Training
    Would it be better to try to leave map 0 - 2 enabled and use those for idling instead of 14 or 15?

Advanced Tuner
    You can do that. It will need a lot of distance table changes. Really, you could have it running good using less mapped points spread through 0-26. 8 mapped points is easier to adjust and less time consuming as well.
    Make sure to change your imrc config all to 1 for open.
    Manual control on the bottom left of the imrc tab set to 0

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    You can do that. It will need a lot of distance table changes. Really, you could have it running good using less mapped points spread through 0-26. 8 mapped points is easier to adjust and less time consuming as well.
    Make sure to change your imrc config all to 1 for open.
    Manual control on the bottom left of the imrc tab set to 0
    If the torque tables were causing the issue would it not show wheel trq error or trq control in spark? or is it different in idle?

Advanced Tuner
    Idle can show wheel torque error. The torque tables dont have to perfectly be inverse to run with no torque errors so an incorrect table can still be torque error free.
    The torque table may not even be the problem. These cars are torque based only, changing some of the torque ratios could solve it.
    The torque tables dont necessarily need adjusted, just distance tables. Torque tables as well and driver demand can make a clean or rough idle

Tuner in Training
    I have had the best luck using MP15 (30/0) for idle.

Advanced Tuner
    If you use 15 for idle, it's best to use mp 15 for optimal stability and emission reduction. Idle will sometimes stay or idle in optimal stability which will weigh in to what ever mapped point you have set.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    If you use 15 for idle, it's best to use mp 15 for optimal stability and emission reduction. Idle will sometimes stay or idle in optimal stability which will weigh in to what ever mapped point you have set.
    That's how mine is setup, mp 15 for optimal stability. I have the emissions reduction all zero'd out (not used).

Tuner in Training
    How has all this turned out. I'm about to do ported 18+ intake on my car locked out soon.

How are people disabling mapped points 1-13? I will disable the IMRC, update manifold volume to 12.5 and from there continue research on tweaks here and there. If I keep everything everything else stock it should hopefully run okay. I don't drive very far. Only about 4 miles. Once I have it done there then plan was to start playing with cams which I thought was based on rpm and load but seems like it pulls from mapped points. Are the mapped points based on rpm or load or throttle input?

Also how do you select your car to say idle in this point or another? Saw someone saying try idling in mapped point 15 and not 14. Didn't know we had that ability to choose.

Thanks. Very new to tuning and coyote. Come from the simpler 3 valve.