Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues with 2018 intake manifold on 2015 mustang gt

Tuner in Training

Issues with 2018 intake manifold on 2015 mustang gt

Hey everyone, I am having a slight cruising issue with the 2018 intake on my 2015 mustang. There is a slight hesitation (almost feels like a misfire) when cruising between 1500 to 2100 rpms every other rpm range feels great. I am running maps 14 - 26 but I am thinking I missed something when making the tune. Any help is appreciated.

Here is my current tune file. seans-DisabledMap0-13.hpt

*forgot to include mods and car info
    2015 mustang gt manual
    Longtube headers
    pmas tune required intake
    2018 mustang intake manifold.

Tuner in Training
    Did some logging on the way home and most of the stutter appears in maps 16/17 and starts to die down in 17/18 and is not noticeable when getting into map 19.

Potential Tuner
    Hello, I'm having problems with a 2013 jeep wrangler V6 3.6L that has a RIPP Supercharger kit installed, i checked the kit and it supposed to come with the DIABLO SPORT tuning software but since i did not installed RIPP, i don't have the Diablo pallet, i want to use my HP TUNERS to modify the tune! (specifically on the injectors chart) this kit has the B556V Bosch injectors from the coyote (FoMoCo) i know what chart i have to use, but it comes on a different scale.

Can someone help me with this??

Tuner in Training
    Made some changes to a couple tables and cruising the surge is almost gone but you can still feel it. On the drive to work I did notice that in 1 - 3 there is quite a bit of surging at low rpms and throttle.

Post a datalog so we can see exactly whats happening.

Tuner in Training
    Here's my latest changes to the tune. Removed the snap to point 21/14 and advance the intake cam a little. Cleared up even more of the surging I have but did notice some when it was still cold in first gear at super low speeds and idle is a little rough currently. I also attached a mixed driving log on the way home from work and an idle log.

seans-DisabledMap0-13-Tune5.hpt
    tune5-idleLog.hpl
    tune5-mixeddriving.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Changing the valve events is what you need to do to clean that up. Advancing on the intake and exhaust cam will aid this. Your idle needs to be at 20 intake, 0 exhaust to be smooth.

Kris

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    Changing the valve events is what you need to do to clean that up. Advancing on the intake and exhaust cam will aid this. Your idle needs to be at 20 intake, 0 exhaust to be smooth.

Kris
    So I should be able to adjust the cams for the mapped point 14 and then redo my maf? Do you think I need to do anything with torque inverse or is it not necessary with the mods I have? Been doing way to much reading on the forums and have confused myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post

Kris
    If im correct he is saying you pretty much as little overlap as possible. try the cam positions he stated in the Idle map points and see how it reacts.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowleen View Post
    If im correct he is saying you pretty much as little overlap as possible. try the cam positions he stated in the Idle map points and see how it reacts.
    I tried 20/0 for the cams in the idling mapped points. Was still kinda rough. Going to try out these changes next and see how it feels.

intakecam.PNG exhaustcam.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    There are a lot of different way to tunes these when you disable the IMRC's. First, you need to add more channels to your list. Search for channels "source" and add all of them to your list.

Return your Mapped Point cam angles back to stock. 38151 and 38150.

Change Emission Reduction Mapped Point 38222 to 14 in all 5 cells.

Actually, just copy this picture. And I think some changes need to be made in your IMRC tab. Record a datalog, add the channels. Add ETC Request, VCT Intake Cam, VCT Exhaust Cam and the "Source" channels.
    variablecamtab.JPG

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    There are a lot of different way to tunes these when you disable the IMRC's. First, you need to add more channels to your list. Search for channels "source" and add all of them to your list.

Return your Mapped Point cam angles back to stock. 38151 and 38150.

Change Emission Reduction Mapped Point 38222 to 14 in all 5 cells.

Actually, just copy this picture. And I think some changes need to be made in your IMRC tab. Record a datalog, add the channels. Add ETC Request, VCT Intake Cam, VCT Exhaust Cam and the "Source" channels.
    variablecamtab.JPG
    Thank you. I will give that a go. I found a vacuum leak and go it fixed. After that the idle is so much better but every few minutes depending on outside temp I hear what sounds like a misfire.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sbush265 View Post
    Thank you. I will give that a go. I found a vacuum leak and go it fixed. After that the idle is so much better but every few minutes depending on outside temp I hear what sounds like a misfire.
    Made those changes and she was back to running rough at and idle. This tune here has been the smoothest one so far but the spark looks pretty hilly.

seans-DisabledMap0-13-Tune12.hpt
    tune10IdleLog.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Add VCT Schedule Mode to your channels.

Then Change your Fuel Torque Ratio to 0 on the whole table.
    Try that and see how it idles. Then try the next.

Lower your Transmission Base Set RPM down to 725.
    Change Target Idle Speed to 725 and change Neutral to 775.
    Change the 2 Minimum Base Setpoints back to stock and change idle max to 850 850 850 850 800 800 800.

MAF Temp Compensation 0 in the whole table or just the middle rows 59 to 104.

Set Emission Reduction and Optimal Stability Distance tables to the same mapped point. 14 will have you idling at IVO 0 EVC 0, 15 you have set to IVO 10 EVC 0. You're gonna want to change this once your idle is correct.

Return VCT FUel Economy ECT Compensation back to stock

In the IMRC tab, set Emission Reduction to Open.

And in the spark tab, zero out idle RPM error.
    Change the global adder back to 0.

Advanced Tuner
    May also want to change Clip/Add to Adaptive in your torque monitoring.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Add VCT Schedule Mode to your channels.

Then Change your Fuel Torque Ratio to 0 on the whole table.
    Try that and see how it idles. Then try the next.

Lower your Transmission Base Set RPM down to 725.
    Change Target Idle Speed to 725 and change Neutral to 775.
    Change the 2 Minimum Base Setpoints back to stock and change idle max to 850 850 850 850 800 800 800.

MAF Temp Compensation 0 in the whole table or just the middle rows 59 to 104.

Set Emission Reduction and Optimal Stability Distance tables to the same mapped point. 14 will have you idling at IVO 0 EVC 0, 15 you have set to IVO 10 EVC 0. You're gonna want to change this once your idle is correct.

Return VCT FUel Economy ECT Compensation back to stock

In the IMRC tab, set Emission Reduction to Open.

And in the spark tab, zero out idle RPM error.
    Change the global adder back to 0.
    Thank you. I will give this a go. Working from home today so I can flash it during my lunch. For the cam angles for 14-15 would it just be a matter of changing the intake angle to one that idles the smoothest? Still trying to learn a lot of this and appreciate your help with this.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. I will give this a go. Working from home today so I can flash it during my lunch. For the cam angles for 14-15 would it just be a matter of changing the intake angle to one that idles the smoothest? Still trying to learn a lot of this and appreciate your help with this.
    Got that uploaded to the car. Idles good like one of my others but the spark log still looks like it is a roller coaster going from 17 degrees to 40 degrees. Would this be more of making adjustments to my spark tables for mp 14-15 to help clear that up?

seans-DisabledMap0-13-Tune14.hpt
    idlelog.hpl

Got that uploaded to the car. Idles good like one of my others but the spark log still looks like it is a roller coaster going from 17 degrees to 40 degrees. Would this be more of making adjustments to my spark tables for mp 14-15 to help clear that up?

seans-DisabledMap0-13-Tune14.hpt
    idlelog.hpl
    Try logging MBT spark and borderline spark and let it idle and if it is surging it may be that your borderline table is exceeding your MBT table causing it to surge trying to adjust itself I had this issue

Advanced Tuner
    Its torque control via spark torque ratio. Borderline can and will exceed mbt at loads below. 35 or 40.

Look at your sources in the log and look at what the torque ratios in the editor include.

You can try changing optimal stab and emission reduction distance tables to 14. It may idle better in 14.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm trying to keep you from having yo adjust your torque tables. You're using a wot blending point to idle in now. Torque tables show higher torque values than are being produced for the amount of airload.