Thread: Dragy Support?

Potential Tuner

Dragy Support?

Hello,

Looks like Dragy is dragging their feet on adding circuit support to their device. It seems they have now removed any mention of it from their site. I am already a full supporter of RaceRender and TrackAddict. It would be awesome to be able to use Dragy with TrackAddict as an external GPS. Their device is also a 10Hz BLE based device. Any chance it could work with TrackAddict?

Thanks,
    smanders

Although our next app update will add some support Bluetooth 4 & 5 GPS devices (ie BLE mode), the only info I could find on the Dragy device is that it's said to use encryption and a closed API, so we unfortunately wouldn't be able to support that. If they decide to change their mind and share a non-encrypted format, then it could be worth another look.

In general, BLE-based devices aren't as universal as classic Bluetooth is, meaning that we'd have to evaluate each individual device and ideally get ahold of one to test with too, so time and resources end up limiting what we can support too.

Potential Tuner
    Yes, I had reached out to Dragy in the meantime and they further confirmed your findings. They have no intention of opening up their hardware interface for other software to leverage. I have since purchased the Dual Electronics XGPS160 and I am very please with the results! I'm going to do a comparison of dragy vs TrackAddict/XGPS160 and if they are very close...the dragy will be going up on eBay ;-).

Thanks for investigating!

smanders