Thread: Rough Idle...

Tuner in Training

Rough Idle...

Gonna try to make this short. I had a Chirp/squeal which I thought to be causing a vacuum leak which may have been causing the timing to drop. I fixed the noise issue and now have no other leaks (hooked up a smoke machine). I have determined that with no A/C or Heat the cars timing will fluctuate from around -2/-4* and up in the positives its pretty smooth for the most part. Once the A/C or Heater is on it will drop down to -10/-12* sometimes as far as -22* causing the idle to be extremely rough and try to "push" through the brakes this will only last for a few seconds at most and smooths out a little. Whether the A/c is on High or Low doesn't really seem to have any affect. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Would bad fuel trims cause the issue?? i was wanting to get the rough idle resolved first because it is a stock file.

Advanced Tuner
    i would start off by getting those fuel trims back in line since your running quite rich which can effect the ecm being its torque based and if you changed any idle/torque settings and torque model/loss for compressor id rec you putting them back to stock and re evaluate

Tuner in Training
    ok, Ill get the trims dialed in and see where it goes from there. Thanks