Thread: Edward Mowton...

Advanced Tuner

Edward Mowton...

Good morning...

On Facebook, I read that Ed Mowton of ERM Performance Tuning passed away this morning. It was posted by his son. Im hoping Im NOT confusing his identity.

If this is true, RIP sir. I have purchased his stuff (tuning books) in the past. I think we all have benefited from his knowledge and experience.

RIP...

mowton.JPG
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Terrible news, he definitely kept it to himself and was helping his customers literally up until a few days or weeks ago from what I understood. All around good guy, may his soul rest in peace.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    R.I.P. Edward!! I purchased his course and it has been a tremendous help and he was quick to answer questions and help me when needed. The tuning world lost a very good man today.

Sorry to hear. He was very helpful around here.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Sorry to hear this... I never met ED personally but from what I can tell was a stand up guy and I’m sure has helped everyone at one point or another...
    He will be missed
    Prayers to the family

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

RIP. Very surprised his health was that bad with all he still did to help people. Wow
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Senior Tuner
    Well shit. I hate to hear that. Does anyone know his age? He will be missed. RIP

Advanced Tuner
    Very sad to hear. Ed was a very sharp and helpful individual. R.I.P. . Prayers to your family.

I just saw it on FB, so sad. He battled it for 2 years and kept his chin up, he even posted a few weeks ago apologizing for delays and such. He will be missed and it reminds me that tomorrow is not guaranteed for any of us.
    06 Z06 ETP heads, 244/256 hyd. roller, crower stainless shaft rockers, Kooks stepped race headers,elec. w/p, 160 stat, vararam, ram dual disk, ported intake and t-body, 100 shot spray until the 441 goes together http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm1hrBcq63U

2016 Callaway Z06 a8 3lz zo7
    Heads, cam, headers, 2.3L s/c, 9.5 lower/2.625upper, meth, 103mm t-body,
    Stock high and low fuel system for now (I know right?)

Ed was a great guy and never missed an opportunity to help others.

Tuner
    Ed was a awesome human being, a fighter till the end. I learned a ton from him, our sessions would always run long because we would just end up shooting the breeze. I miss my friend already, R.I.P. buddy.

Senior Tuner
    R.I.P Ed ive only known him on this forum but could tell he was a top bloke always willing to help and give knowledge

Tuning Addict
    I just found out about this last night from another friend. Ed would drop everything at a moment's notice to answer a phone call to discuss things. He was a great man and a good friend. Wish I had kept in touch with him more along. The last time I talked to to him, he was in remission. This really has been sad to hear and I really hope he's at peace now. He will be missed.

Tuner
    So sad! i am speechless. i have spoken to him several occasions, ED was always ready to help. We/forum loss someone who was a major player and helper to this community.
    RIP. My condolences to his family

Advanced Tuner
    Godspeed Ed!

Ron

Advanced Tuner
    I only knew him through the forums, his book and emails. Very professional, very helpful and positive. Ed, you will be missed by more than your immediate friends and family.
    I build stuff...

Advanced Tuner
    Ed was great man like others mentioned. He helped so many on this forum and on many other avenues. You never would have know he was sick if he didnt tell you, he helped customers and friends to the very end. Godspeed my friend and thank you for everything.