Thread: 2016 5.0 transmission help

2016 5.0 transmission help

Hey guys this is my first coyote to tune it's a 2016 auto 5.0 stang and so far it's going good car running fine except for the delay in down shift I hate it it take way to long....

I have looked threw tune but can't seem to find anything that would affect the down shift speed can any one point me in the right direction thanks in advance

2015 Mustang Automatic Modified.

This is a calibration from murfie I found in the repository. This tune has aggressive shifting. Do a compare with your tune. If you have questions, post your tune with your questions. Check out the repository when you need a comparison tune. Murfie also modded other parts of this tune as well. It would also help if you could share the mods on your car.

2015 Mustang GT Auto Modded murfie.hpt
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

The car is stock besides mufflers I am at work right now can't post tune not much done to it beside adjusting the pedal sensitivity car had the delay in down shifting even bone stock no tune cruising nail the gas and there is a pause before it drops the gear it's annoying will post tune later today

And will check out that tune for comparison

here is the stock tune if any one can see what needs to be done to quicken the part throttle to wot down shift
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Just make the shift happen faster? start with Reducing down shift Overall slip times by 33%... multiply them by .67. compare your RPM curve in chart v time of a stock down shift to modified down shift. You want it to look the same, no flaring of RPM, no plateaus, or drops after the next gear engages these indicate transmission wear. You are comparing the time taken from first RPM drop( on coming engagement) to RPM rise(off going release).
    Last edited by murfie; 01-28-2017 at 04:03 AM.

i am going to give a few things a change and try it out thanks for the advice will post up letting u know how it went

Murfie, i have a 2016 f150 5.0. What would you adjust to get the up shift to have less time for the actual 1-2 wot shift? It seems to take too long. Not very crisp. I can make it shift firm but there seems to be a delay in how quickly it can achive the 1-2 @ wot.

Tuner in Training
    same thing with f150 6v shifts very slow 1 to 2
    I dont know, but I think f150s had diffrant converters

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post
    Murfie, i have a 2016 f150 5.0. What would you adjust to get the up shift to have less time for the actual 1-2 wot shift? It seems to take too long. Not very crisp. I can make it shift firm but there seems to be a delay in how quickly it can achive the 1-2 @ wot.
    The 2016 f150 5.0 has a ramp rate that falls off when torque for the 1>2 shift is high. start by increasing that Increase that.

Ramp rate.PNG

I also have a lot more info in this post.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...mission-tables

1-2 shift tables.PNG
    Last edited by murfie; 02-08-2017 at 01:41 AM.

Tuner in Training
    u r the man murfie all time

Advanced Tuner
    great post