Thread: Newb tune review

Tuner

Newb tune review

Hey all, So im new to Coyote tuning. Prior to this i did some tuning on my Cobalt SS for E85 and injectors and pulley, Now im moving back into Coyote but tuning myself vs using Bama and SCT. Anyways, I purchased the Coyote Cookbook but to be honest I havnt found that info as much of a help as just searching around here. I did some initial stuff and would like some insight. My posted tune is for my Airaid inake, I just did cat delete and MBRP 3" H-Pipe. I have only disabled rear 02's for that. No tuning. The posted log file doesnt seem to have much WOT ill try to do another log and get that. But if anyone could take a look and let me know how im doing so far and if theres any insight you could give that would be great. I havent looked much into if changing VCT will net me anything yet or not so im not touching that yet. I would like to attempt ghost cam now but thats not a priority. Im just looking to get this dialed in as best as possible. Car is a 2014 GT MT-82 with Airaid Race intake, Cat delete the MBRP 3" H and FRP axle backs, Thanks for any help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Thought i would get some responses. None the less ill keep updating this in the mean time. So on top of what i aleady did I have now swapped a 18 Manifold on. Since I actually poke around I threw in the OP VCT settings from what people are saying Lund settings for the the 18 Manifold that get max airflow in the ball bark. So ill have that and two logs. First log is a very long one with a high speed run that was actually at a lower throttle postion. I was not floored so things seem weird as most of the run MP7 was used and VCT was in fuel economy. Thought it would have been in OP. Pretty sure im going to really need to work on my histograms and work on the torque tables now. Drivability was fantastic. But i cant raise my rev limiter for the love of god. Its set for 7700 but it kicks in well before that. I thought it was at 7200 but looking at the second log file, it could have happened way to fast for it to have logged as i am polling alot of data but seems to be at like 6800? seems weird to me but Ill have to look some more and see whats up

Go to engine/fuel cut/EOT temperature based cutoff. You left those stock. Increase those to whatever you want the revlimit to be and that should solve your rev limit. im currently looking over the rest of the tune and your logs
    2017 mustang gt

Tuner
    Awesome thanks. I dont think i would have ever guessed the EOT based cutoff. Makes absolute sense.

No problem I sent you a PM with more things you can do to your tune.
    2017 mustang gt

Advanced Tuner
    Also you don't want to use the op cam settings from 15-17 cars on the 11-14s

Tuner
    The settings i found that ill try to find again did say they where for the S550's or not. But ill check.

Tuner
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...light=lund+vct

These are what i used and you commented on them lol. These settings seem to work very well. ill datalog and see if theres a decrese in airflow with these or not.

Tuner
    VCT is set back to factory. And couple of changes for spark. Last HPL file is where i was able to shift over 7K but barely. I need to look into remedy the high RPM clutch issues these oem PP love to have.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WobbleWobble View Post
    VCT is set back to factory. And couple of changes for spark. Last HPL file is where i was able to shift over 7K but barely. I need to look into remedy the high RPM clutch issues these oem PP love to have.
    Technically your angles are factory numbers but the rpm axis is not stock. Was this recommended somewhere? Just making sure you didn't miss it when you were putting them back to stock!

Also thanks for posting your updates. I have a 14GT too and 18 manifold is probably my next mod. I can't help but feel like the VCT OP Angles could be tweaked from stock for this better/different flowing manifold....

Tuner
    I changed the RPM axis to that of the thread i linked above for the s550, It makes sense to keep them that way and now optimize the VCT OP angles. Hopefully someone can give insite on how to start that. Not looking for just numbers but a decent start here and go here type of thing