Thread: Weird IVT characteristics Gen 6 Camaro

Weird IVT characteristics Gen 6 Camaro

Hi there, I'm trying to work out this little issue I have on an Non-US, Non-Canada delivered 2018 Camaro. This Camaro is imported by HSV in Australia and converted to RH drive.

The issue I have had is with the IVT. It does not seem to work or react like Gen4 operating systems and being the first Gen5 vehicle ive worked on - it's forcing me to question myself. In the log, this is a cold start showing the IVT starting at 94C/200F - which is obviously not correct.

IAT and ECT is only 22/24C
    Manifold pressure with engine off, ignition on is 101kPa

As you look into the log, you will see the IVT has a mind of its own it almost looks like it is following engine RPM - very quickly.

The vehicle has a Magnuson Supercharger fitted with an LSA 312kPa MAP sensor.

I have returned the file back to stock form, with the stock MAP sensor & settings and the issue is still there. IVT Cold Start.hpl STOCK ECU TCM FSCM.hpt base file cold start IVT concern.hpt

Basically, I'd appreciate some feedback from guys or girls that have worked on a vehicle like this and can confirm or deny this is normal operation and maybe.... hopefully give me some feedback.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Stevo; 02-19-2019 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Attachments too close to each other and was hard to read.