Thread: 2 Bar OS...Change my mind

2 Bar OS...Change my mind

Whats up guys. I am considering making the jump to the 2 Bar OS on my 2006 Z06. I'm looking to get some opinions from people that have used the 2 Bar OS to see if you think its worth the upgrade. My short term plan for the car is to add Meth injection. My heads are milled .020" and i only have 91 OCT. I can only run 17 deg of timing before i start picking up some KR. Hoping the meth will let me get above 20deg in this hot Vegas air. Long term goal is to go with a centrifugal charger. Do you find the true VE table easier to dial in vs the VVE? I've looked around a bit, but havent seen many topics discussing pros vs cons of the 2 bar system.
    2006 Z06, AHP stage 4 Heads milled .020", Superbee 103 Intake, RPM B3 Cam, Billy Boat Catless Headers, X-pipe, Alky Control Meth Injection

If the computer has it and you want to run boost, it's worth the upgrade. It makes tuning the new VE faster because it more like a regular VE instead of the VVE.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

my ECM does have the 2 bar option. The regular VE table is one of the main selling points for me. Ive spent hours reading about GMVE and how to populate the new empty VE table. For the life of me i cant figure out the Units for the GMVE parameter. I have read every thread discussing it, and even gone through the paper RHS wrote. Do you have any insight on the correct unit of measure?
    2006 Z06, AHP stage 4 Heads milled .020", Superbee 103 Intake, RPM B3 Cam, Billy Boat Catless Headers, X-pipe, Alky Control Meth Injection

Advanced Tuner
    There are no cons to the 2 bar upgrade.. For boost you really should do it. Easier to dial in the VE, and if I remember right it extends your maf table, which you will need.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

I always upgrade to 2 bar even in MAF mode... get the fan temp table added too along with mentioned above

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C