Thread: turbo tahor 5.3

Tuner

turbo tahor 5.3

I think I'm moving in the right direction, let me know how its looking.2003 Tahoe2barbasefileNOLTFTt1+ltft+stft1.hpttahoe 2-19-1.hpl

Tuner

Adjust the PE settings so you aren't staying in closed loop under boost. It happened in both of the logs. You are well over 110-120kpa but it's still in closed loop and the computer is yanking 20% worth of fuel with the trims.

Raise the PE kpa up to 90kpa and lower the pedal enable back down. Maybe like 40-50%.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Adjust the PE settings so you aren't staying in closed loop under boost. It happened in both of the logs. You are well over 110-120kpa but it's still in closed loop and the computer is yanking 20% worth of fuel with the trims.

Raise the PE kpa up to 90kpa and lower the pedal enable back down. Maybe like 40-50%.
    If I knew how to do that I would, I will enable the PE KPA up to 90. I'm new to this so bare with me, I'm interested and want to learn.I'm also going to reduce required torque for PE in torque management.Shoot me a pm if needed.

Tuner

Tuner

latest log file

latest log, I think I over shot my fueling.Tahoe2-22-2.hpl

Hard to say, your wideband is not reading right in the logs. It's always lean and it's stuck at 1.36 lambda while idling.

The trims seem okay but under boost I can't tell because the wideband isn't working, in the logs at least.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    I think I bought the wrong wideband I bought an x series AEM and I've read it will only work on a can bus

It still works you just have to use another method to read it.

If you have the PRO interface it will wire straight into that. The standard interface needs to use a 5v reference circuit on the computer, then you wire the wideband to that and create a custom channel. Most use the EGR circuit. You can google and youtube how to do the EGR wideband with hp tuners to find all the info.

Tuner
    I'll look that up, its a portable wideband I wired up the tahoe has an innovative. I'm not using the pro I am using the prolink with a pro upgrade

Tuner
    Tahoe 2-23-2.hpl latest log with wideband reading into the vcm scanner

It's close at time and richer than commanded at times, easy enough to work out if you created a lambda error or AFR error against the commanded AFR.

It would tell you exactly where it's rich or lean of the commanded and by how much %. Then that amount can be special copy/paste by half into the VE table to smooth out the fueling. Smooth with the special function and hand smooth the table after each change. Shouldn't take but a few drives to dial to whole thing in.

Tuner
    its a learning curve for sure.

Tuner
    I think I setup an AFR error using afr math the chart contains rpm and maf to compare to