Thread: 2015 Fusion EcoBoost question

2015 Fusion EcoBoost question

I recently tuned my EcoBoost fusion and I'm having a couple issues. Somewhat experienced tuning powerstroked but this is my first try on a gasoline car but the transmission is very similar. First issue is that I'm commanding lockup in 2nd gear quite early (1500 rpms) but a lot of the time it doesn't lockup, and when it does even after shifting to third it waits long after commanding it (it's set to lockup in third around 1300 rpms). I tried lowering the ratio for lockup table from .8 down to .5 but it didn't do much of anything. If I start out in 3rd it locks right up like I want. I also set the "unlock on shift" table to all zeros so it should stay locked on shift. Finally I set all the lockup delay tables and values to zero.

The second issue I have is that the 2-3 shift seems especially delayed. When I hit the paddle to shift it waits almost a half second before it actually shifts. All other gears shift almost right away. It's not that the shift is soft, more just like it's waiting for a second, the shifting. I looked at the boost time and clutch fill time and they both seems similar to other shifts.

The 2 to 3 shift issue is common with it, I have a 2013 and have been fighting it since I started tuning my car 3 years ago. In the last few days I,ve come up with a tune I can say I,m happy with for a change. Up until now, I,ve gotten close but not quite to what I wanted.