Thread: saving a tune with no license now????

saving a tune with no license now????

So a buddy is telling me since he updated his stuff he now can save tunes with out a license and it wont ask for it until you go to write a car. this would be great as so many tunes I do through email and have to buy two credits just to license them so can save it to send back for them to write it. Yes I do try to get them to copy from one and save but some just want to open an email and stick the tune in the vehicle. So I sent him two of my tunes I have licenses on and he opened them changed the idle on both of them and sent back to me so I can see he is able to change them. So I try it on one I dont have a license for yet and soon as hit save it asks me for the license info so how the hell is he able to do this and I cannot? I just updated all my stuff but yet this isnt working still. I am on the older hand held the pro version and maybe this is a new mpvi2 thing? I didnt ask which he is using. I hate to update as fine with this one for now but if thats it then guess time to update.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MPVI2 can modify/save any file without licensing. License is only on flash

MPVI1 must license on save.

If you are looking for an inexpensive solution moving forward it would be to upgrade from your MPVI1 to an MPVI2 which is $189+ shipping. This can be done directly from your devices page https://www.hptuners.com/my-account/...ices-endpoint/
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"