Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backfire tune while stopped

Tuner in Training
    Another issue some times even when moving the fuel cuts-off even tho the dfco is maxed out don't know why,
    Does the torque manegment has anything to do with the fuel cut-off ?

Potential Tuner
    @Wesham_Hitman I have meanwhile further developed the backfiring tune for my client, and he is actually quite happy with the result. However, I did run into the same issue with the fuel being cut in P/N once I resolved my spark timing issues. I have no explanation either to why the PCM is now cutting fuel in this condition if before it did not while in P/N. I'm still on a learning curve, maybe others can lead us in the right direction.
    So to now make the engine backfire while in P/N, a slight touch of the accelerator (without actually accelerating) will do it, and it backfires as I want it. The client even likes it this way because he has some control over the backfiring while the vehicle is in P/N. Let go of the pedal, no backfiring, slightly touch it and here goes the action.
    Does yours behave the same (as of touching the accelerator)?

Hope this helps. Steve.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDigital View Post
    @Wesham_Hitman I have meanwhile further developed the backfiring tune for my client, and he is actually quite happy with the result. However, I did run into the same issue with the fuel being cut in P/N once I resolved my spark timing issues. I have no explanation either to why the PCM is now cutting fuel in this condition if before it did not while in P/N. I'm still on a learning curve, maybe others can lead us in the right direction.
    So to now make the engine backfire while in P/N, a slight touch of the accelerator (without actually accelerating) will do it, and it backfires as I want it. The client even likes it this way because he has some control over the backfiring while the vehicle is in P/N. Let go of the pedal, no backfiring, slightly touch it and here goes the action.
    Does yours behave the same (as of touching the accelerator)?

Hope this helps. Steve.
    I haven't tried touching the accelerator before in the rpm range of backfire i will try that for sure. but, the thing that actualy confusing me is that it backfires in P/N when ECT is cold (by cold i mean lower than 81?C once the ECT reaches 81 it cuts-off fuel) and another thing if the backfire tune is in range of 1500 rpm a push and release of the accelerator and it backfires at 1500 rpm even when hot ECT but anything higher and it cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesam_Hitman View Post
    I haven't tried touching the accelerator before in the rpm range of backfire i will try that for sure. but, the thing that actualy confusing me is that it backfires in P/N when ECT is cold (by cold i mean lower than 81?C once the ECT reaches 81 it cuts-off fuel) and another thing if the backfire tune is in range of 1500 rpm a push and release of the accelerator and it backfires at 1500 rpm even when hot ECT but anything higher and it cuts.
    I can help with this. I have a "backfire Tune" That I have been working on for awhile now. I have it pretty stable. Mine is setup to work during P/N conditions, and while driving it will do it when letting off momentarily until DFCO shuts fuel off. Post a Current Tune and I can look it over.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by AVMPerformance View Post
    I can help with this. I have a "backfire Tune" That I have been working on for awhile now. I have it pretty stable. Mine is setup to work during P/N conditions, and while driving it will do it when letting off momentarily until DFCO shuts fuel off. Post a Current Tune and I can look it over.
    Already uploaded my tune you can find it in the first page.
    What car you got your stable tune on ?

This problem is happining with some cars, i tuned my brother 09 Wrangler and it's going well didn't have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesam_Hitman View Post
    Already uploaded my tune you can find it in the first page.
    What car you got your stable tune on ?

This problem is happining with some cars, i tuned my brother 09 Wrangler and it's going well didn't have the same problem.
    Hey man, I looked over the tune a bit. I can help if your new tune doesn't work properly. However I will caution that a few things that caught my attention, I would enable DFCO, and just change the delay, when you let off the throttle with DFCO on it will still backfire but wont do it consistently until you come down to idle. with DFCO off...I have had issues where the motor surges. Another problem I see is how you have the negative timing set for the "backfire", and the timing around that is much higher, again, it can cause surging issues if its trying to decel. Just be careful aswell, I'm not sure if your catless or not, but the backfire will destroy cats with that much negative timing.

If you want, I can DM/Email my current BETA tune for you to look over. Let me know how it works!

Potential Tuner
    Hi . I need this tune please . Can you help me ?

so how would you go about disabling the dcfo on a 2014 dodge ram 5.7?

Advanced Tuner
    Here is how I would disable it.
    DFCO.JPG

Ill give it a try thank you!

hello , has anyone figured out how to solve this issue i have the same problem with the fuel being cutoff at idle and backfires happening only when moving

Tuner in Training
    I still haven't found a solution but i hope someone else did and could tell us

Advanced Tuner
    Last edited by Homer; 02-28-2020 at 08:32 PM.

Tuner in Training
    No not necessarily like that what i want is the pops and bang like when releasing the throttle while moving but when i'm at complete stop it stops doing it the timing is the same a what i have set it at it's just fuel that cuts off after releasing throttle when completely stopped after the car warms up when cold it doesn't cut fuel

Tuner in Training

Tuner in Training
    Yup, but mine only does when the car is moving when at complete stop it cuts fuel