Thread: tuning z06 for better ET

Potential Tuner

tuning z06 for better ET

i have a 2015 Z06 with an A8. it runs good, but i would like to improve my 60' time. car is stock except for DR's.
    with new Hooiser DR's, the car will dead hook with a good burn out and decent track prep. this indicates that with more power applied to the tires, 60' times could improve.

the only changes that i have tried in the tune are fan control and temp changes to accommodate a lower temp thermostat.

i have thought about torque management changes, but have heard mixed results.

what specific changes can be made to the tune to improve 60' times?

That’s too much of an open end question... but adjusting fan temps isn’t where you make power, sure temp can decrease temps in combustion chamber but you ha e to tune Tq model, air/spark/fuel to make gains

Not one is just going to give you a tuned file to just load and go

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner
    don't want a complete tune. just some selected areas to modify to improve 60' times.

If you are mashing the accelerator to the floor and dead hooking, the only way to get a better 60' is to add a stall converter. Gotta get the rpm's up in the hp and torque up to push the car faster. Doesn't that car have launch control?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Advanced Tuner
    Add more boost. Or mods. Or different blower that’s bigger

Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    If you are mashing the accelerator to the floor and dead hooking, the only way to get a better 60' is to add a stall converter. Gotta get the rpm's up in the hp and torque up to push the car faster. Doesn't that car have launch control?
    not necessarily on GenV stuff......