Thread: Procharger 2012 Challenger 6.4 constantly dies at idle

Procharger 2012 Challenger 6.4 constantly dies at idle

I am having a difficult time tracking down the issue this car is displaying. I watch the map reading and it gets out of control going upwards of 100 kpa and then dies. The tune is currently in a state of tuning VE, pe and aircharge off, cot off, decel enrich off. Even with those at stock values the issue persists. Temperature outside or engine temperature do not seem to have an effect on this. I thought of blaming the blow off spring but it does exactly what it should, close on accel, it is a very weak one. I'm open to suggestions to get this car under control at idle. I have used techniques mentioned in this forum to get it driving smoother which have helped. Attached is current tune and short log for consideration. E85 is the fuel being used.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by drumnbasslvr; 02-21-2019 at 01:17 PM.

Senior Tuner
    engine information and build info would be helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by drumnbasslvr View Post
    I am having a difficult time tracking down the issue this car is displaying. I watch the map reading and it gets out of control going upwards of 100 kpa and then dies. The tune is currently in a state of tuning VE, pe and aircharge off, cot off, decel enrich off. Even with those at stock values the issue persists. Temperature outside or engine temperature do not seem to have an effect on this. I thought of blaming the blow off spring but it does exactly what it should, close on accel, it is a very weak one. I'm open to suggestions to get this car under control at idle. I have used techniques mentioned in this forum to get it driving smoother which have helped. Attached is current tune and short log for consideration. E85 is the fuel being used.
    6.4 Procharged.hpt

Do some comparing.
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

The build occurred long ago. The recent return of this car was to change the pulley setup from one serpentine to two separate ones to prevent eating belts. I'm not privy to much information so far about it except a custom cam grind, removal of 6.4 intake, installation of 6.1 intake, short runner valve unplugged and not used any longer. Code removed for that. Spal fans, one large one small in a procharger kit shroud. I'm going to keep inquiring further to get what I need. If it were my car I'd not like the throttle very much. When cold it has delayed response then a burst. That has got to get sorted! I will overlook the tune file provided by coanan and compare what I have to it utilizing tables trial and error to help get this sorted. I will post back with my findings. This will be ongoing. Truth be told the original tune looks like a cut and paste of the johan007procharger.hpt file available in here. The PID values are identical.

The owner wants incredible lope at idle to let it be nasty as possible. I bumped the 5's in that area to 10, then 15, then 20 with not much help just smoothing it out which I cannot do for request.

I have the dodge beginners books and it is just what I expected, just for beginners, I await the next level books for purchase.
    Last edited by drumnbasslvr; 02-21-2019 at 09:06 PM.