Thread: Enable Paddle Shifters

Potential Tuner

Enable Paddle Shifters

I'm not sure if this should go under Miscellaneous or Transmissions, or...?

Vehicle: 2014 Chrysler 200 Limited 3.6L Pentastar V6, 62TE trans, factory equipped with Autostick

I've been poking around in Editor and see mention of "autostick" on the Fuel Cutoff RPM Limits tab, but can't find ANYTHING about paddle shifters anywhere. This vehicle didn't originally come with paddle shifters, but I'm hoping to be able to install them (using all factory parts, just waiting on a new steering wheel bolt and I'll be ready to install them.) I know it can be done on Charger & 300 models (I'd imagine Challenger too?), and most people seem to mention using the Tazer by Z Automotive, but they don't make one for the car I'm working on, not to mention that I'd rather not fork out a few hundred bucks on another OBDII interface device just for one feature.

So the questions are:

1) does the VCM Editor and/or MPVI2 with Pro Features provide a means to enable factory paddle shifters in cars that didn't originally come with them?

2) if so, what section of Editor is it located in?

3) is it necessary to enable them, or would they just work once plugged in?

4) does the dealer need to add the sales code to the database before they will work, and can they even add it since it wasn't offered as an option to my knowledge?

Worst case, I'll wire them into the autostick switches the old fashioned way, but I'd definitely prefer to be able to just activate them.

Thanks,
    Nick

Tuner
    The paddle shifters are most likely in the BCM, not TCM or PCM. You would need something like AlfaOBD to take a look at that stuff.

Advanced Tuner
    Depending on the vehicle, you could also use the Tazer.

https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer/

Nevermind, looks like the 200 is not supported.

Also look at AlfaODB
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Potential Tuner
    I spoke with AlfaOBD, and after I get an OBDlink SX I should be able to use their free version to find the parameters, but I might need the full version to modify it...if I remember correctly, I'd need to read the email again.

But they said the MPVI2 isn't ELM327 whatever that's needed to use their software...is that what others have found?

I don't have theMPVI2, cannot make myself experiment with my Pro it on my car.

There are lesser expensive ELM327 units on the market, and bogus counterfeit interfaces out there. The ODBLink MX Bluetooth is a favorite and is fast, its what I use.
    Going with the Android apk doesn't lock you to a PC license and is better to use. I tried the PC and it hangs on me but it could be my PC. With the apk you can change devices if you loose or upgrade your phone.

So far I have Successfully:

Enabled Sport Mode & Performance Pages Requires: (Car Configuration Change/VehConfig 1-Performance Pages Present, VehConfig 3-Vehicle is an SRT, VehConfig 3-Sport
    Mode Present) Yes it Really Works.
    Fogs on with High Beams (Car Configuration Change/CBC Features-Front Fog Lamp Dropout Enable/Select Value = No
    DRL's moved to Turn signals (Car Configuration Change/CBC Features-DRL Lamp Location" / Select Value = Turn Signal
    Enabled Auto Dimming Drivers Door mirror. I purchased the mirror, installed and flashed it. (Car Configuration Change/Doors-Elecrtro-chromatic driver mirror present)

Read the AlfaODB.com site and my post HERE.
    2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus, Stock 5.7L, Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1, 3.25" Pulley, 450-HP 459-TQ.
    Corsa Sport CatBack, 3.06:1 Wavetrac, Dual Fans, 1-7/16 Radiator, Mopar Oil Cooler
    2005 Radix'd Silverado L33 5.3 ECSB Z71 @ 387-HP 395-TQ

Potential Tuner
    Very cool! Unfortunately for this application I have an iPhone, an iPad, and a Windows 10 laptop, and apparently Apple isn't supported...hence why I was going to opt for the USB version. Come to think of it though, I might still have an older LG tablet that was my mom's...I don't even know if it still works, but I would imagine I could just updated the operating system as long as it's still supported...?