Whipple 2.9L w/2.8750 pulley
    Innovators West 10% overdrive Crank Dampner
    ARH Long Tube Headers
    Fore Innovations Return fuel system with twin walbro 465
    ID1050x Injectors
    E85
    EGR Deleted
    18 PSI Boost

The complaint from the customer is that his throttle sticks after he completes the wide open throttle run and the car will stick at near redline and continue to pull, Causing the customer to shut the car completely off and restart the car

I verified this on the first dyno pull and the throttle body will stick at 15 degrees and around 5600RPMS after the WOT dyno pull and stay around there continuously.

I have tried multiple throttle body maps and issue repeats, driver demand and torque tables, no changes.

I do have a clue that the problem started when the 10% overdrive dampener was installed and was previously pushing 14-15 pounds of boost before it was installed.

Is there something I'm missing that needs to be done in the torque tables or speed density tables, or others that needs to be changed?

Thank You in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert00MustangTurbo View Post
    Hello,

I have a 2011 GT500 on the dyno with:

VMP Twin 67MM Throttle body
    Whipple 2.9L w/2.8750 pulley
    Innovators West 10% overdrive Crank Dampner
    ARH Long Tube Headers
    Fore Innovations Return fuel system with twin walbro 465
    ID1050x Injectors
    E85
    EGR Deleted
    18 PSI Boost

The complaint from the customer is that his throttle sticks after he completes the wide open throttle run and the car will stick at near redline and continue to pull, Causing the customer to shut the car completely off and restart the car

I verified this on the first dyno pull and the throttle body will stick at 15 degrees and around 5600RPMS after the WOT dyno pull and stay around there continuously.

I have tried multiple throttle body maps and issue repeats, driver demand and torque tables, no changes.

I do have a clue that the problem started when the 10% overdrive dampener was installed and was previously pushing 14-15 pounds of boost before it was installed.

Is there something I'm missing that needs to be done in the torque tables or speed density tables, or others that needs to be changed?

Thank You in advance
    On my 2010 Shelby, (I think it uses the same ecu) when first learning to tune, I turned up the torque tables, this would cause the throttle to hang as you describe. Try lowering the torque table values, especially up in the rpm the throttle hangs.

MRRPMBRP

I change the torque tables and i found one area where I've seen a little improvement. Not 100% if I'm going the correct direction. I will keep trying.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    On my 2010 Shelby, (I think it uses the same ecu) when first learning to tune, I turned up the torque tables, this would cause the throttle to hang as you describe. Try lowering the torque table values, especially up in the rpm the throttle hangs.
    2010 is still Spanish Oak(07-10), 11-14 is Copperhead

Tuner in Training
    Based on my personal experience they GT500s will do that when the Torque Module Switch is disabled. ECM 44770.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie540i View Post
    Based on my personal experience they GT500s will do that when the Torque Module Switch is disabled. ECM 44770.
    This right here fixed that issue. Thank you so much. Now I can dial in the rest of the tune and return this car to the customer who has been dealing with this for 8 months.

Thank you everyone for you help!

Advanced Tuner
    Makes no sense to me why people disable torque module when the cars are torque based lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    Makes no sense to me why people disable torque module when the cars are torque based lol.
    Yes, on my 2014 GT500, which for sure has the Copperhead, I leave the torque module switch enabled. If I turn it off, it does all kinds of crazy idle stuff. If 2011 also has Copperhead, I wonder if they are using torque to idle? I know my 2014 does, as the dashpot settings do absolutely nothing, as do idle airflow. I know in 2015 Coyotes they went to torque based idle, I'm thinking in 2014 GT500 they were too. Not sure about others. If 2011 is Spanish Oak, then dashpot may help a lot when decelerating/throttle hang

Advanced Tuner
    The 11 - 14 are all copperhead. I'm not sure in what ways they use the air flow tables, but it does use airflow and torque. The first gens sometimes get a "breathing" type idle where RPM will go increase and decrease, maybe by 20rpm, maybe by 100RPM, especially large throttle body N/A cars. That's airflow. 2015+ are solely torque based. They're much more sensitive to torque adjustments and have a more smooth idle.
    I've disabled the torque module to mess with dashpot. You can get it running decent and the idle is perfect but the over all driving is experience is 10x better with it enabled.