Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuning problem of 2017 must gt with ford racing manifold and cj65 tb

Tuner in Training

Tuning problem of 2017 must gt with ford racing manifold and cj65 tb

I tuned a 2017 mustang for my customer. which installed ford performance manifold (m-9424-m50cja) and twin 65mm TB( M-9926-CJ65). when the car started every time. the idle is terrible. the datalog show there is no fuel. ( afr 1.6-1.8) but after about 90s, the idle and everything will be perfect. and the car drives good.

need help on this issue.

_manifold_CJ65_BSaV.hpt

201902221421.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    The distance tables ok the variable can time is the problem. If stay out by comparing a stock 2017 file. Copy vct fuel economy mapped point and vct fuel economy distance tables.

Open optimal stability and emission reduction mapped point and 0 out the table.

Open snap to point/snap to line and return to stock.

Disable OP Enrich Req on the left side of the vct tab.

Post file and datalog when done.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    The distance tables ok the variable can time is the problem. If stay out by comparing a stock 2017 file. Copy vct fuel economy mapped point and vct fuel economy distance tables.

Open snap to point/snap to line and return to stock.

thanks for your info,will do.that tomorrow morning

Tuner in Training

Open snap to point/snap to line and return to stock.Attachment 87192

Did all the above. and the car is much better while idle. but it still takes like 5-10 s to get the correct AFR.
    And I noticed that while idle, the TP is about 14.8%, is this normal?

file and datalog attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BSAV; 02-22-2019 at 09:01 PM. Reason: forget attach files

Tuner in Training
    parked the car for a few hours. start again, the problem comes up again.

log files attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Work on your base fuel and base spark.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Work on your base fuel and base spark.
    worked on the fuel table.
    but every time when start. the "fuel sytem status" will show OL- not ready.

Attachment 87250

the status will give the car a surge idle for about 30 s . then the idle will fine.

any help on this.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    it your open loop section the minimum i believe for stock is 30 seconds when warm. your widebands need to warm up to operate.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Multiply your MAF Airflow vs Period by 1.5.

This strategy has so many tables, it's nice.

Tuner in Training
    Multiply your MAF Airflow vs Period by 1.5.

This strategy has so many tables, it's nice.
    thanks for your suggestion,the car now is running perfect. the customer is very happy with the tune file.

Advanced Tuner
    do not adjust the maf to compensate for cold startup enrichment, the maf can only be dialed in on a warm stabilized engine, 50% is a huge correction, shame on the both of you for recommending it and then doing it

the larger plenums are notorious for requiring more startup fuel. Every single one Ive ever tuned required me to kick up the enrichment table so its not lean on startup. Dial your maf in and then dial in startup enrichment.

the open loop cold wideband nonsense is complete crap. In open loop and closed loop your fuel should be identical. The widebands should never be used to compensate for your lean startup.

Go kick up the cold start enrichment table. Id give it .3 more lambda just after crank and ramp it down to .15 after 30 sec for starters then cold start log it and dial it in.

if u need help tell me your hw cal id and i'll give u specifics for your strategy.

Advanced Tuner
    50% increase is necessary when going from a stock 86mm MAF housing to a 110mm MAF housing. The o2 sensors would fail from being lean.

Advanced Tuner
    my mistake, i assumed by the very first line the he had dialed it in

Advanced Tuner
    is this a stock os or was that changed? when I loaded my file from my 16 to compare there was several tables greyed out so I was curious

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    do not adjust the maf to compensate for cold startup enrichment, the maf can only be dialed in on a warm stabilized engine, 50% is a huge correction, shame on the both of you for recommending it and then doing it

the larger plenums are notorious for requiring more startup fuel. Every single one Ive ever tuned required me to kick up the enrichment table so its not lean on startup. Dial your maf in and then dial in startup enrichment.

the open loop cold wideband nonsense is complete crap. In open loop and closed loop your fuel should be identical. The widebands should never be used to compensate for your lean startup.

Go kick up the cold start enrichment table. Id give it .3 more lambda just after crank and ramp it down to .15 after 30 sec for starters then cold start log it and dial it in.

if u need help tell me your hw cal id and i'll give u specifics for your strategy.
    thanks for your info, but multiply by 1.5 is too much. I finally choosed to mutilply 1.25-1.35 according to the datalog.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    is this a stock os or was that changed? when I loaded my file from my 16 to compare there was several tables greyed out so I was curious
    ford performance manifold, and twin 65mm TB.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post

Thanks for your reply. 50% is really a huge correction. not only during idle but also during cruising in the high way. the car drives very strange if simply multiply by 1.5. So I multiplied from 1.25 - 1.35. then everything is fine. now, the car will stay in OL not ready for less than 5s. then going to OL cold engine. and when the engine warm up. it is CL stoic.

Tuner in Training
    to thank for all the help and discussion. Id like to post some key info of TWIN 65mm TB.

ECM 44376 ETC TPP THETA CONFIG

TPSA 12 15 18
    TPSB 4.5 7.5 10.5

ECM 3821 TP sensor slopes
    -0.78125 1.56250

Advanced Tuner
    So this is a factory operating system like it’s not a roush or ford racing operating system correct? Just factory calibration that you modified.

Quote Originally Posted by BSAV View Post
    ford performance manifold, and twin 65mm TB.

Advanced Tuner
    With JLT, I multiply MAF by 1.54 and with PMAS, I think i multiplied MAF by 1.9.
    Calculating the difference between the volume of the stock 86mm MAF housing compared to the 110mm and 120mm MAF housing.