Thread: OBD flash 14-18 RAM 1500/JEEP EcoDiesel ECU

Tuner in Training

OBD flash 14-18 RAM 1500/JEEP EcoDiesel ECU

I guess they did it over at www.sofakingtuned.com

They claim:
    "The FIRST to offer 14-18 RAM 1500/JEEP Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel ECU & Transmission Tune via OBD2 flash!
    * Customers averaging a 5-10 MPG INCREASE! Yes, this is factual! "

Hptuners, any chance the MPVI2 will be supporting the EcoDiesel tuning via OBD now?

Potential Tuner
    Jimmy is using more of a winols style system to do his mapping then has found a certain interface that writes it via OBD. However since hptuners is now supporting the tcm that’s nice but the biggest issue with the edc17 I was told was essentially the way the security was set up which is why they had to bench flash the ecms for ecodiesels in the beginning as that was the only way to bypass the security features. I am hoping hptuners gets something figured out to support that platform however without the ability to modify the egr, scr, and dpf I’m not sure how much it will get used. I say that however there may be a way to modify those features I’m simply not aware of because I am far from a pro.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut2000 View Post
    Jimmy is using more of a winols style system to do his mapping then has found a certain interface that writes it via OBD. However since hptuners is now supporting the tcm that’s nice but the biggest issue with the edc17 I was told was essentially the way the security was set up which is why they had to bench flash the ecms for ecodiesels in the beginning as that was the only way to bypass the security features. I am hoping hptuners gets something figured out to support that platform however without the ability to modify the egr, scr, and dpf I’m not sure how much it will get used. I say that however there may be a way to modify those features I’m simply not aware of because I am far from a pro.
    Still, SFT is tuning 100% OBD2 engine tunes. With NO problems. From my understanding, WinOLS is only the software to write the ECU data (works with any ECU data). It's just a binary/hex editor specifically for ECUs. However yea, this interface? What is it?

I just tried hooking HPTuners to my vehicle and it NOW supports the ECU!!! It's wanting to patch a block?

Eco Diesel support is in Beta, Download the latest version, if you have any questions please email support for assistance.

awesome! fantastic news...!

Quote Originally Posted by JMoeller@HPTuners View Post
    Eco Diesel support is in Beta, Download the latest version, if you have any questions please email support for assistance.
    Does this work with the MPVI 1 or do you have to have an MPVI 2?
    Last edited by Moparmatty; 01-23-2020 at 10:04 AM.
    2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8
    Stock headers and cats
    Mopar CAI
    Innovate dual WBO2 sensor kit
    Custom tuning by me via HPT

Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    Does this work with the MPVI 1 or do you have to have an MPVI 2?
    It's Mpvi2 beta only.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooby View Post
    I guess they did it over at www.sofakingtuned.com

They claim:
    "The FIRST to offer 14-18 RAM 1500/JEEP Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel ECU & Transmission Tune via OBD2 flash!
    * Customers averaging a 5-10 MPG INCREASE! Yes, this is factual! "

Hptuners, any chance the MPVI2 will be supporting the EcoDiesel tuning via OBD now?
    the 5-10 is false his tuning nets 1-2.