Thread: tuning for 100octane fuel

Tuner

tuning for 100octane fuel

jeep jk 13 with sprintex supercharger the car tune is 93 octane fuel, planing to use 100 octane fuel
    wot spark table will be retuned, adding timing
    what about the base spark timing ? dose it need modification? should i add timing also or i can keep it as it is ? any other tables to be tuned also ?
    using race fuel with 100 octane or 93 pump with additive to reach 100 octane ?
    regards
    Jeep wrangler 2012 automatic, sprintex supercharger, 9lbs of boost, 4.5" lift, fox 2.5 internal bypass shocks, 4.88 gears, 37" tires,

Ford Mustang Shelby gt350 2017, airraid air filter, jlt catch-can,

Tuner
    help !
    Jeep wrangler 2012 automatic, sprintex supercharger, 9lbs of boost, 4.5" lift, fox 2.5 internal bypass shocks, 4.88 gears, 37" tires,

Tuner in Training
    You will need to add 2 degrees timing to wide open throttle for every point of octane above 93. So in your case timing should be advanced 6 degrees. See how all that works out if you experience knocking in the WOT range were ever you changed it drop it back by 1 - 2 degrees at a time approximately. At least this is how ive learned to do it. But im pretty new to tuning as well.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CannaGeneticsBank View Post
    You will need to add 2 degrees timing to wide open throttle for every point of octane above 93. So in your case timing should be advanced 6 degrees. See how all that works out if you experience knocking in the WOT range were ever you changed it drop it back by 1 - 2 degrees at a time approximately. At least this is how ive learned to do it. But im pretty new to tuning as well.
    what about the close lop or the normal driving condition do we need to adjust the base spark table also ?
    and if add 2 deg for each point above 93, 93 to 100 = 7 points x2 deg = 14 degree total !!

Tuner in Training
    Derr lol trying to do math with a 4 year old yammering in your ear is not so easy i guess. Let me go into the book some and get back to you to make sure what I say is correct.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    every car is different, you will need a dyno to measure your torque output.

if you dont see any gain in torque your just creating more cylinder pressure.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    every car is different, you will need a dyno to measure your torque output.

if you dont see any gain in torque your just creating more cylinder pressure.
    for wot the car will on dyno and very run will add timing and see the result
    my concern is the close lope do we need to adjust the spark

Tuner in Training
    Ok you should only need to adjust spark in closed loop if you experiencing knock when closed loop is active or your getting misfires during closed loop operations. If everything looks good there move to wide open throttle.

Tuner
    Ok you should only need to adjust spark in closed loop if you experiencing knock when closed loop is active or your getting misfires during closed loop operations. If everything looks good there move to wide open throttle.
    thanks a lot
    waiting for the octane and spark formula

Tuner in Training
    One last thing I want to add. You can adjust closed loop timing especially if its messy looking. And will see improvements especially over stock tables. But its not necessary. It may become necessary depending on modifications existing or making besides fuels

Tuner
    One last thing I want to add. You can adjust closed loop timing especially if its messy looking. And will see improvements especially over stock tables. But its not necessary. It may become necessary depending on modifications existing or making besides fuels
    will run the car with new octane in close loop and see if theres knocks if not then will go for wot tuning
    for wot do i will the fix amount of timing for the whole table and then do a run then add for the last row and then merge it with the table

another question if the timing is to advance it will show that -2,-4 for example and we need to reduce the timing but what if the timing is retarted will it show +2,+4 for example to add timing , never faced this problem before and was wondering